Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I fell........UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fell........UPDATE

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Goodness! I'm glad you're mostly intact. Heal fast!
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

You might still want to have it checked out by a doctor. If it hurt so much you were dry heaving that tells me it was exceptionally painful.

About three years ago I fell down the stairs of my house holding my baby (Sophia). When I slipped I threw myself backward while falling to protect her. She didn't get hurt at all but when I landed at the bottom I felt and heard a popping crunch followed by a blinding pain. I literally could not see even though my eyes were open for a few minutes. I screamed very loudly and Sophia was hysterical. Thank heavens my husband was home. Within hours my ankle was the size of an orange.

I didn't go to a doctor - I couldn't drive and my husband didn't think to take me. He said I needed an x-ray and I had probably broken something in my ankle and then dropped it. I hobbled around with this hugely swollen ankle and a great deal of pain for several weeks. So, now I have an ankle that can't bend certain ways and hurts at some point about every day. I'm fairly certain that I'm going to have very bad arthritis in it soon. Moral? Get an x-ray if you're uncertain!!!
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Ouch!

Andrew fell all the way down the stairs to our front porch on the way to school yesterday....blasted ice!

Hope you heal quickly!

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel

I didn't go to a doctor - I couldn't drive and my husband didn't think to take me. He said I needed an x-ray and I had probably broken something in my ankle and then dropped it. I hobbled around with this hugely swollen ankle and a great deal of pain for several weeks. So, now I have an ankle that can't bend certain ways and hurts at some point about every day. I'm fairly certain that I'm going to have very bad arthritis in it soon. Moral? Get an x-ray if you're uncertain!!!
          Moral? being married to a doctor can be bad for your health This is terrrible that the radiologist didn't take you in for an x-ray. However...its' soooooo typical!

kris

Comment

Yes, it is typical! I had a pulmonary embolism scare recently and my dh (the pulmonologist) got freaked out about it about 4 days after me, my internist, my sister, and other friends who could see I was suffering did.
            I hope all is well and that you didn't break anything, I agree if the pain persists you should go get it checked out!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
              Moral? being married to a doctor can be bad for your health This is terrrible that the radiologist didn't take you in for an x-ray. However...its' soooooo typical!

kris
              Yup!

I have a habit of ignoring pain, though. So, I probably didn't emphasize the severity of it to him as much as I could've. In retrospect I needed to be in a cast at the very least. I've definitely instilled within him a guilt over not having taken me in immediately.

I realized a few months ago that I was getting pain from this ankle very often and convinced dh that I need to have it imaged and then see if a surgeon can fix any of the damage. You can see the difference between my ankles now - the damaged one has a completely different shape that I am sure is due to scar tissue and things healing improperly. Now that we're moving in six months, though, I think I'm going to wait until next fall to see if there's anything that can be done for it.

Anyway, please, if you fall down stairs and you hear a funny noise, feel blinding/vomiting pain, and/or have perversly huge swelling anywhere go see a doctor! I hold myself up as the way NOT to handle that situation!
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Wow, hope you didn't break anything.
                Yup, if your ped says to bring the kid in when they fall and hurl, best do that yourself.

Comment

Ouch, ouch!
                  With three little ones, what are the chances of being able to stay off your foot and ice? If ever there was a need to pop in a video.

Take care and I'll add to the "go to the doctor!" chorus.

Comment

Comment

The pain is subsiding but just the slightest brush on my skin makes me cringe.
                      I'm thinking you should go in. Sucks about the insurance, though.

Comment

Can DH sucker the med school into seeing you for free? Surely there has to be SOME benefit here!

Comment

Mom2three,

Here's hoping that you heal soon! And definitely use the med. school resources. Lord knows that they are not afraid of using your family's resources.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Comment

It is deep and he thinks I may have a piece of our stairs in it.
                              Ouch, that doesn't sound too good. I would take him up on the offer to go to the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X