Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bachelor in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure Vanderbilt wouldn't have let just any one of their residents be on this show, I'm sure they wanted the one that would display the program the best. I think their program must have a PR department because don't they also tape the ER residency show that is on the Discover channel there?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ok, did anyone else watch it? That lady at the end was nuts, maybe there is a reason she can't get a date. I also know many a doctor who don't want to be married to other doctors. YIKES!

Comment

I watched it, and she was clearly off her rocker. To actually TELL someone you are ready for the reproductive stage?

When the gals found out that he was a doc I was laughing so hard because he is still a RESIDENT. He didn't exactly mention that part. Even if he is almost done, he is not exactly the package deal they are thinking. And what about those gals who said "oh, yeah, now he is my type!" I don't remember one's career choice being a "type." But, what can I say? I expected all of that.

Truthfully, I am already rooting for someone..the teacher from Nashville. I may have to watch it just for the catfight. Too bad they knocked the really crazy one out....might have made for good TV!

Comment

I agree Jennifer, when they all started swooning because he was a doctor I about gagged! But it doesn't matter they've done how many of these now? And only two of the bachelorettes have actually married the people they picked, none of the bachelors have.

Comment

It'll figure if they picked some guy who comes from a wealthy family and actually does live in a cool apartment and doesn't have student debt. We knew a few of these in dh's med school class so I know they're out there. I doubt I'll watch the series because I'm sort of boycotting reality TV (I don't think TV producers give us enough credit for requiring more in programming then getting regular people to make asses of themselves), but I am a little curious anyway.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

There was an article in our local paper a few days ago about this guy...I guess his parents live in my town. I never watch The Bachelor so I didn't bother to read the article. Now I'm curious so I'm going to see if I can dig out that article.

Comment

Turns out the bachelor's parents live a little over a mile from me. One of my neighbors is friends with his mom. His parents own a $700k 4000 sq ft house (somehwat pricey for this area) and are members of an exclusive country club....so they seem pretty well off...but I guess that doesn't mean that they support him financially. I would love to see what his bachelor pad looks like. The story is that he was spotted on the street by a casting agent for the show while they were looking for women contestants in Nashville.

Comment

I watched the show, too. I was cracking up after the girls getting so excited about him being a physician. If they only knew! haha I like the girl from Nashville, too. However, looking at the previews it looks like most of the girls he is making out with have long hair. It lead to wonder how far she made it.

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

Here most of the residents own homes as well, so that part is definitely a cost of living thing.

Comment

Ok, did anyone else watch it? That lady at the end was nuts, maybe there is a reason she can't get a date. I also know many a doctor who don't want to be married to other doctors. YIKES!
                      I watched it, and she was clearly off her rocker. To actually TELL someone you are ready for the reproductive stage?
                      I can't believe that--- isn't a hardfast rule that you never ever tell a guy right off the bat- "I am happy at where I am at in my career, and ready for the reproductive phase of my life."

I watched it today, although I missed the last 15 minutes because our local station was 15 min behind due to the State of the State address, and our TiVo didn't account for that. Anyway... I kept having a heart attack every time the guy would say "Welcome to my castle!" Dude you aren't even done with residency. Then again now that the information has come to surface that he has sugarparents, maybe he does live in a cool apartment and has no student debt.

I had a good laugh when the women found out he was a doctor. "Oh he's definitely my type?" WHAT???!!! Got news for this chickie- a) he is not done, and b) boy are you in for a rude awakening. Anyone catch the comment "Oh he has doctor hands, he must be really good with them."
                      Uhh ok!

What I thought was hilarious was the Bachelor's approach to the subject.

women- "What do you do?"
                      Bachelor- "I work at a hospital."
                      women- "doing what?"
                      Bachelor- (a bit of a pause) "I am a doctor"

Yeah buddy you are a doctor IN TRAINING! Little tidbit left out don't you think??? Yeah I guess I should cut the guy some slack that he is in his last year of residency, will be making up the 2 or 3 months he missed.

I really liked the Kindergarten teacher from Nashville.

So do you think based on the women he gave roses to that he is looking for a dawkter's trophy wife? Who would make the best dawkter's wife out of all of them?

I think this will become my time to pass those early morning nursing sessions.
                      Crystal
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I don't know, I just got done reading their bios trying to decide and I think they're all doomed. Although a lot of them have VERY expensive dates as their "ideal dates" so they probably think they've hit the mother-load with him being a doctor.

When they asked him what he did and hesitated I wondered if he would tell them, I was hoping he wouldn't but that would be too much to hope for. Should be interesting!

Comment

You know what irritates me a little. The editing. You can really tell how ABC wants to slant people's views toward the girls.

Wish this had a "Joe Millionare" twist to it, now that would be fun! "You have won the heart of a doctor....kind of. He is really in residency and makes $30K a year, and has $200K in student loans. He works 100 hours a week and will come home with the mental capacity of a drunk! CONGRATULATIONS!"

Now wouldn't that be fun!!!! :>

Comment

That would be fun, whoever he picked who RUN! :!

Comment

Yeah, even with out the given the "success" of the previous Bachelors and Bachelorettes-- from what I remember the first Bachelorette, Trista, she got married, and then one of the Bachelors is getting married this fall. Unfortunately, I have to say this relationship is doomed from the start. :>

Crystal
                              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

[quote="JenniferB"]\Wish this had a "Joe Millionare" twist to it, now that would be fun! "You have won the heart of a doctor....kind of. He is really in residency and makes $30K a year, and has $200K in student loans. He works 100 hours a week and will come home with the mental capacity of a drunk! CONGRATULATIONS!" [quote]

The "if reality tv had any reality" show. NO, nobody would watch that but us.

Comment

Working...
                                X