Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bachelor in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite quote from tonight's episode...

"I don't know a mother that wouldn't be proud if her daughter brought home a doctor"

::
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
      My favorite quote from tonight's episode...

"I don't know a mother that wouldn't be proud if her daughter brought home a doctor"

::
      I have actually been known to tell people, "don't let your kids grow up to be doctors or to marry them."

Barf, is right. Bleck.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

That's pretty icky! I looked over to my husband when that was said and we BOTH rolled our eyes!

The guy is pretty darn boring if you ask me. The girls are swooning over a guy who doesn't seem to have much depth--"these are fantastic girls," "this is a fabulous city," "the Eiffel Tower is so beautiful." Sheesh---I'm not as leggy as the girls and probably would have gotten eliminated in the first round (since when do they keep Asian women longer than the first show), but I can tell you, I wouldn't have stuck around long before going absolutely nuts!
        Alison
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I just have to say, in general, ::

I've watched this show before because a good friend of mine really gets into it, but there is no way I could watch it this season. Doctor hands? Welcome to my castle? "I don't know a woman who wouldn't be proud if her daughter brought home a doctor"? Give me a break. Because of this show, we all are going to have to deal with a lot more Dawkter's Wife stereotypes!

I love this:
          Wish this had a "Joe Millionaire" twist to it, now that would be fun! "You have won the heart of a doctor....kind of. He is really in residency and makes $30K a year, and has $200K in student loans. He works 100 hours a week and will come home with the mental capacity of a drunk! CONGRATULATIONS!"

Comment

Quote from last night's show:

"Only twelve women left who still have the chance of becoming a doctor's wife."
            I think a show about the reality of the medical marriage would be fantastic. Unfortunately, you would have to leave all of the glamour behind.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

When things get bad I often threaten dh that I will do a radio diary exposing the life of a doctor's wife and send it to Ira Glass.

But that's mostly because I like the idea of added music and narration.

Comment

I love this:
                [quote:a89a2]Quote:
                Wish this had a "Joe Millionaire" twist to it, now that would be fun! "You have won the heart of a doctor....kind of. He is really in residency and makes $30K a year, and has $200K in student loans. He works 100 hours a week and will come home with the mental capacity of a drunk! CONGRATULATIONS!"
                [/quote:a89a2]
                LOL!!! Me too.

Comment

Found some dirt on the SDN forums.

"We had an interviewee today (married woman) from Vanderbilt, and she backed up the story that this guy really is a good guy, and a laid-back, fun guy to be around. The no goatee/short hair makeover detracts from him, she said."

Alison

Comment

Originally posted by jfinma
                    When things get bad I often threaten dh that I will do a radio diary exposing the life of a doctor's wife and send it to Ira Glass.

I love it! That is a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                      Originally posted by jfinma

I love it! That is a great idea.
                      Love it Love it Love it! I don't even need things to be bad to think it's a good idea.

Comment

Which Bachelor is making it to the aisle? I only heard of Trista.
                        I haven't watched this one yet but these types of shows are usually hard for me to watch because the girls are so lame, I feel sorry for them.

Comment

Byron and Mary are planning a November wedding.

http://www.byronvelvick.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
                            Byron and Mary are planning a November wedding.

http://www.byronvelvick.com/
                            Wow - I watched parts of that one and never ever thought they would last - they seem SOOO different! Oh well, as long as they're happy!

Comment

Supposedly the last bachelor, Charlie, is still with his choice too.

Comment

Did anyone watch tonight? Gotta love the best friends of his trying to stump the girls with "which ring would you choose? The small, medium, or huge honkin rock"

It was funny to hear "Oh I could live like this all the time." I thought to myself-- honey wouldn't we all!

I had to chuckle at the model who at the end said "I don't know why he didn't give me a rose." Then at the end she was freaking out about the bugs.

Crystal
                                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                                X