Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Secret Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to work in a hospital pharmacy (as a pharmacist) and be on one of those "teams" where I'd round with the doctors and tell them how they can't give so and so that drug, or else they'll die.......

I like the life in the lab, though. And scientist/research types are very interesting people so I could enjoy that kind of a scene!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'd be a greeter at Wal-mart.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

A police detective, (think Olivia on Law and Order SVU) or a drummer/back up singer for some famous singer or group.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

The 3rd Indigo Girl (w/o the lesbian thing - not that there's anything wrong with that!).

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I wouldn't want the job long term, but I ever since I was small, I thought cops and detectives were so cool....Also, I think being a career groupie would be soooooooooooooo cool.......for say, U2 or somebody...

P.S. I actually started out pre-med, and lasted about 2 seconds!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
                I'd be a greeter at Wal-mart.
                Not a back-up singer? I would have thought all that karaoke singing would've kept the dream alive.

Comment

I've got a few:

1) French hornist in a premiere orchestra
                  2) Olympic runner
                  3) Stand-up comedian
                  4) Sniper/assassin :!

Comment

The person who gets to name nail polish and paint colors ....

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                      The person who gets to name nail polish and paint colors ....
                      Ooh, that would be fun! I always wondered where people come up with those names. I was using markers tonight with DS and noticed one was called "firefly red". AFAIK, fireflies aren't red.

My fantasy is not so secret - I want to go to med school! Whether that will ever become reality remains to be seen.

Some of my other fantasies that take a back seat to the MS one...

- chocolate shop selling artisanal chocolates amongst other chocolate-y things
                      - vet, but I would work for free for homeless animals who needed me
                      - pilot. I actually had a lesson - ONE lesson - from a CRNA that DH knew. She died in a crash scant hours before the 9/11 hijackings. Haven't had any lessons since!
                      - wildlife photographer in Africa

Comment

I would be some sort of researcher where I can travel all over the world but not actually work very hard.

My real secret dream is to live very back to nature- make my own bread, sew my own clothes, grow all of our food, raise bees, etc. Then I think about the work involved and how much down time I would have and I think I am crazy.
                        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Do it...just sit down and write. Give yourself an "I'm going to write for 10 minutes" each day time frame and just get started. Some days the writing will be lousy...but once you get in the habit, you'll do it.

I did that for an entire summer and I actually wrote 9 1/2 chapters of a med spouse book...that...I never finished...and now...never probably will

kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm also always fantasizing about having a small farm and living off the land, simply, off the grid, etc. I used to think it would actually happen, and now I kind of doubt it.
                            I actually went as far as reading all the helen and scott nearing books, and trying to plan the thing out. Then I got married. *poof*

(not that I'm bitter or anything)
                            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                            Let's go Mets!

Comment

I have a whole bunch that are totally conflicting. At different points in time and depending on my mood that day, I've dreamt of being:

1). A corporate shark
                              2). A Martha Stewart-type housewife
                              3). A writer/journalist
                              4). A personal shopper
                              5). A college professor

Do I suffer from multiple personalities or what?

Comment

Maybe you could get a combo going....a Martha Stewart-type housewife who starts a successful personal shopping service for corporate sharks and then writes a book about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X