Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How about the weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First flakes are falling- definitely not sticking. Kids are cranky waiting for some real snow.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

65 and not a cloud in the sky..... :!

Comment

WE got about 8 inches after all was said and done. Now it's bright sunshine and we just got back from trudging through the snow to walk the dog. Nikolai and I are hearty stock and had a good time.

Good luck to you in NJ/NY and northern climes, looks like you're getting slammed.

Jenn

Comment

It's finally winter again here in Ohio. It's been snowing for the last week or so. We've been sledding and snowboarding all weekend.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My wife was gonna drive in to the hospital this AM to round, I finally convinced her to call the attending who told her to stay home, and he'd see her there in the afternoon.
            Looks like the storm has moved away, things are quiet and the roads are getting cleared.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
              It's finally winter again here in Ohio. It's been snowing for the last week or so. We've been sledding and snowboarding all weekend.

Great. I love paying to heat a house that I'm not in. We're keeping it at 50 just so the pipes don't freeze ... but the heating bill there is the same as our bill here (for a house twice the size).

Comment

"you better not embarass those Vermont license plates we have on the car".
                While taking the ramp to FDR from Brooklyn Bridge yesterday, we got stuck behind a car that was driving 10mph. DH was getting really worked up over it but I saw that the plates were out of state, so figured it's some poor soul from the South who's never seen the snow. When we got closer, guess what state the plates were from? Vermont. Is that how Vermonters deal with snow? I'm just curious.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

We got 14 inches-- and we are just 20 miles or so NW of you, Jenn! How about that! I don't understand how in a region so geographically small (the metro DC area) that there can be such a wide range of snow accumulations. I really do not get it. It's like a cartoon where the cloud just hovers over one person...

We went sledding-- Luke loved it. He's so adventurous! He is not yet 2 but he just didn't even care when he got sprayed by the "big kids" in the neighborhood and their sledding escapades!
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Here's our snow pics, but if you're from a place that gets a lot of snow, they're going to seem pretty wussy. It was a big snowfall, definitley, but it was sort of "Wait, this is the biggest snowfall in city history? . . . seriously?"

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/p...8AYt2TZi3ctXzw

Lots of fun, though.
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

By Colorado standards, that's a good snow.
                        By Oregon (Portland) standards, wow that is a lot of snow! :{

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Comment

17 inches here, and we shoveled out with no help!!!!
                          Luanne
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                          X