Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• archives

i'm a little bored & bummed w/dh off to take his review course / exam, so was sitting here reading the archives.

how sweet! I read about the birth of Sally's Nathan, of Crystal's Emma, when the other Jenn P was pregnant w/Avery, Kris was pregnant with someone! It was like knowing you all before I knew you.

okay - now I really need to find a hobby.

I'm considering painting my dining room while dh is away. That, or buying roll out shelves and attempting to install them myself. What do you guys think?

It's not as though I depend on his presence this much in day to day life (I think we all know I don't), it's just that he was clearly nervous - and I know it's a HUGE amount of stress. Not to mention this class is for 8 days, from 8A to 9P. Wow. Lots of fun.

Holy babbling post batman!

Paint and put in the shelves!!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

When DH went to his 2 week board review course, we got a puppy. That'll keep you occupied. Does Bruce need a playmate? (JK!!)
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
        When DH went to his 2 week board review course, we got a puppy. That'll keep you occupied. Does Bruce need a playmate? (JK!!)
        :thud: uh , no. In fact, we're having a bit of re-training here. Bruce had to spend a lot more time in his cage while the boys & I were in Alaska ... and he's .... displaying his displeasure.

My AK friend has a REALLY well behaved dog, and the boys loved him. When we got home it was kind of as though the boys were "done" with Bruce's hijinx. "Mom - Bruce is in the kitchen while we're eating!" .... never had been an issue / rule before, but since Dewey isn't allowed in the kitchen while they're eating in AK, now the boys think Bruce shouldn't be either.

I think I'll go buy paint tomorrow.

Comment

It's kind of fun to look back! I was reading the archives once and discovered that during my last year of my Master's degree I had what I described as my "worst cold ever" with a raging sore throat etc...I didn't even remember having it!

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I occasionally look through the archives, too. I am usually cracking up at the kind of stuff that I used to be so worked up about, and occasionally get myself pissed off all over again at different events that happened in our lives. It is kind of interesting, also, to read about whatever was going on in everybody's lives when you know exactly what the outcome is going to be.
            Regarding the walls and shelves, go for it! But I wouldn't start them both at once. Did you ever settle on a color for the dining room???
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I have looked back at the archives on occasion, too, and am amazed at how "okay" I seemed when Nathan was a baby, even though I was battling some serious depression. The time goes by so fast! I will be thinking of your husband, jesher, and of you and the boys, too!

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I've wanted to find something from the past a few times in the last couple of years but, unfortunately, my posts are not in the archives. Poof! 5+ years of posts gone!

Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I know...when I transferred over the database to the new server, it was too big for me to upload and I didn't know (OK, still don't) how to upload a large mysql file...so I had to break it up into pieces.

The result? hours and hours and..some posts have titles and NO content. I goofed, I guess. It's just a good thing they are all old posts and no one looks very often.

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I don't think I want to read my posts again from 5 years ago, it wasn't pretty!
                    Needs

Comment

Yep, some of mine are missing too and I am so GLAD they are!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by jlynnb
                        I don't think I want to read my posts again from 5 years ago, it wasn't pretty!

I guess I'll start thinking about it that way!

Thanks for the attitude readjustment!
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                        X