Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ode to Ikea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ikea

Yes!! I love IKEA too!! My lil' laptop is actually sitting on top of my $25 table right now! SO and I have planned to make a trip up to our IKEA (1.75 hrs away) once we move (Aug 1). I can't wait because I need so much stuff right now! I have sold everything I own on Craigs List and now I'm regretting it because I don't have anything, not a couch, not a chair, not a dining room table. Just my computer desk and desk chair and bedroom. Could be worse!

Anyway, yay for IKEA! I need to go very soon!

**Also a great place to go at holiday time for all those decorations you love but hate paying so much money for - I mean, even Wal-Mart ornaments are expensive!!! I decorated a 12 foot tree last year at IKEA for $20!!!!

Comment

We used to shop at Ikea all of the time! Some of their stuff if a bit too modern for our tastes - but we've still managed to get our dining room table (which is 100% wood!), bar stools, cabinets that serve as our china cabinet/kitchen storage, a tv stand, two side chairs, a coffee table, a few pots (for potted plants) and our dining room curtains!

I love how the furniture is displayed in little "rooms".
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Heidi,

I'm right there with you, babe. I have no idea where the closest IKEA store is to me.....it may be the same Chicago store that jesher mentioned. I *have* been to Trader Joe's one time, but it was a touristy sort of visit, and it is too far away to really shop at regularly. Besides, DH enjoys doing the bulk of our grocery shopping at the store that shall not be named, in the middle of the night on call nights when he is on his way home from the hospital and there is hardly anyone there. I'll go you one better on the mixer.....all I have is a 16 year old Kitchen Aid HAND mixer......and really, it has served me well and I have no complaints. I look at stand mixers and all I can think is "where on earth would I put that?" I, too, have never used a Dyson, and I just got a new vacuum cleaner and actually chose something else OVER the Dyson because of the cost.

DH told me yesterday (jokingly) that when we are out of debt, I will be free to shop at Target as often as I wish. I told him that if I had known that was the "reward", there is NO WAY I would have made it through residency. :>

The last piece of furniture we bought was the playset that is in our backyard......which *could* have been bedroom furniture, but we figured that our (then) ten year old had a limited window to use a playset, so we bought that instead.

It's so nice to be living the high life!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Mixers come with electricity? I only have an egg beater!! :>

Comment

I like their gadgets, sotrage solutions and decorative items, but only have one nightstand (I use it as a TV stand) in my bedroom. I tend toward shabby-chic and IKEA furniture doesn't really fit that style. Maybe if I could get over that, I'd actually have pieces of furniture in the empty spaces around my house. I do love browsing there though. Before getting one in South Philly, I used to make my parents take me out to Conshohocken (or was it Plymouth Meeting back then?) when they'd visit (with a car ) and they'd always complain about traffic around the Conhsohocken Curve. Incidentally, when I was considering forming an all-women a cappella group in the area, I was going to name them the "Conshohocken Curves".

Oh, and I go to TJs regularly.

And my hand mixer is older than I am. I did finally get a food processor as a housewarming gift this year. It's better than the blender for making hummus

Comment

I think it would be easier to say what we DIDN'T get at Ikea.

Comment

Working...
              X