Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How long did you date before getting engaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 months

Comment

Well let's see. We started dating on January 30th, 2003 and he proposed on April 13th, 2006. That makes it 3 years, 2 months... and a half.
      Don't get me started on the countdown to the wedding. I've got almost 2 years to wait AND I just got my dress today.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

Dated for about 6 years before we got engaged. Engagement was one year and have been married for 1 year and 2 months
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Today is my anniversary! 4 years!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Happy Anniversary Cheri! Why don't you :wildthing for the sheer fun of it tonight?

:candle
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

None of that for the sheer fun of it - its babymaking time!

Comment

happy anniversary Cheri & Dr. Cheri.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                  happy anniversary Cheri & Dr. Cheri.
                  DH will get a kick out of that one!

Comment

Congratulations, Cheri!

Dh and I were together for 3 1/2 years before we got engaged. And there were another 2 after that before we got married. In Germany people don't get engaged in the sense that I know it; they just say "we're getting married" and do so soonafter. When we announced to his parents that we were "verlobt," they laughed in our faces and told us it was like we were straight out of the 18th century. My parents on the other hand told us we'd need to get professional engagement pictures, do announcements, etc. etc. Some kind of balance between the two worlds would have been nice.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Happy anniversary Cheri! := :flowers
                      Oh, and good luck with the baby making.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

We met and became best friends in my junior year of college and his first year of med school. Though I left to live in France for six months shortly thereafter and we have had a long distance relationship ever since (happily, no oceans separate us any longer), we have been together for 2 years and 7 months. To my surprise and delight, he proposed to me while we were on vacation in California three weeks ago, and we are looking forward to a wedding two years from now.

Comment

Congratulations, mlheareux! That's very exciting! (And romantic!)
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Congrats to all the anniversaries and recent engagements/weddings! :---

Comment

We knew each other and dated on and off for about 4 years before we got married. Some of it was long distance.
                              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Engaged 14 months after we met. Married 20 months later. Married 6 years last month.

Jennifer
                                Needs

Comment

Working...
                                X