Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Scrubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That's ridiculous that they only gave him 2 new sets. He said they have some available at the hospital but he doesn't want to wear used ones - strangely enough he's OCD about germs (yet he can stick his finger up someone's you know what)! That's my DH for ya!
    I think I will buy them from allheart.com - hope the shipping isn't killer though.
    Thanks!!

Comment

Wait. Leyla, they launder the scrubs. I swear that the scrubs are more germ free and cleaner than the clothes he wears. Steal a petri, do a swab test, prove it and let him grab scrubs from the hospital. You are a saint to do his wash every 2 days. Oh, and if the scrubs prove to be germy...I'd sure like to know. I used to get creeped out when I saw folks wearing their scrubs on the bus. It wasn't the concern of germs in public, rather of public germs being brought into the hospital that made me queasy.

Comment

seriously. plus - the laundering they use is probably hotter water, etc. than what we do at home. that is ridiculous. plus - if HE doesn't want to wear the ones available at the hospital, then HE can do the laundry.

if he's weird about germs, he's in the wrong profession.

Comment

2 pairs of scrubs, seriously? ACK! We have never had to purchase scrubs and DH rarely brings them home - really only when he was too tired to change at the end of the day.

ITA that they will be SO much cleaner if the hospital washes them than if you do.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I use allheart too!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

yeah - think of the germs that are transferring from his scrubs to whatever else you're washing with them. ICK!

Comment

Laundering his scrubs really hasn't been too big an issue since he's normally on Q4 call (that's the only time he's allowed to wear scrubs) so I end up washing them once a week. But now with this ER rotation he will be wearing them all week.
                Yeah the germs are pretty gross but I really don't have a choice!

Comment

My husband wears Crocs in the OR. They're light and great when they get any sort of bodily fluids on them. You can just rinse them off.

I don't like it when he comes home from the ER or ICU rotations in scrubs that have been God knows where... The other day he came home with some with blood(!) on them, and I threw them out. He was going to wash them and re-wear them, but there's no way I'm going to have them making friends with other laundry.

Where dh works, they're trying to cut down on the number of scrubs that wander off, so dh is starting to get protective of them!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

The clogs are working out great! And, at 8.99 it beats crocs or danskos any day! He got them in black. They don't have a dark brown color - wish they did.

I highly recommend them!
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Heidi: I just ordered some the other day, for $8.99 I'll try anything! Thanks for the tip.
                      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

We have probably close to a zillion pairs of scrubs, many from previous hospital stints (with stamps of hospital names and departments). I usually wash them all together without mixing with other regular stuff. A few times that DH came home in bloody ones, I made his throw those out. He's usually got a white coat or something on top, so I only saw blood a few times in 3 years.

Off to check out $8.99 clogs.

Comment

Working...
                        X