Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Forum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to think very carefully about reinstituting any kind of chapel in the religious sense. We had one before and it didn't end up going over well...too many different people with different beliefs that they of course held very, very dear to themselves.

Things ended in a debate way too often even though they were always initially totally benign posts.

Some outrageous brawls broke out in the name of faith/belief and we ended up having to take it down. When I say outrageous, I mean...take the dispute from the last 24 hours about forum access and take it up about 10 notches. It was awful.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Angie, Your idea rocks. You're so cool.

ETA: I told Kris that the med school spouse's forum was like Day Care. I can come up with about a million slogans though!

Comment

oh, man- Kris is right- these posts have actually been sort of entertaining. In our hey-day of insanity, we had some DOOZIES of...'discussions'.

and that is why those of us who have been around for forever have pretty think skin.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine

and that is why those of us who have been around for forever have pretty think skin.

Jenn
          Exactly...see, I'm not overweight...I have thick skin :>
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine

Jenn
            Does having think skin mean you are extra smart??
            :!

Comment

Well, I'm f-in' brilliant but I can't speak for the rest of the oldies

Jenn

Comment

I guess this is what we'll talk about in the KinderCare.. *wicked evil grin*

Comment

I imagine those durned Unitarian Universalists going mano-a-mano with the Quakers would make the Chapel a beat-down environment.

Comment

Residency could be "Pain-Management" and MedSchool could be something relating to incubators??

Kevin - you crack me up -- and today that is much needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X