Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh why oh why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angie,

I joined flylady once and the daily emails started to become like the junk I have on my counters....you know, the stuff that you slide into the drawer to sort through later right before someone comes to the door...and then never get to? I ended up getting such a sense of failure out of the deal and then I even had cyber paperwork to sort out/throw out/read through/take action on.

I'm hopeless.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I know what you mean about the emails. On days when I feel overwhelmed, I simply delete them all to have a clean slate. I figure that I'll receive an inspiring email or two every single day so there's no sense in keeping them all. It's like that list of books you should read. Should've, would've, could've. I say do what you can today and don't feel guilty for not doing more because guilt holds you back.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

When I was on FlyLady, I was new to Boston, had no friends and was very lonely. DH was entering the fellowship from hell - with call every day for 3 years (except vacation days). I had a 4 year old and a 1 year old. We moved in to a 800 sq foot place with our dog and two old, sickly cats. For this, we paid 2K a month. Fun times.

I actually liked all the emails. FlyLady was my only friend. My house was very clean with NO clutter. Where would I put it in 800 sq feet with all those living creatures running around? It was Zen. Then....I found this place and the whole house thing went to hell. Of course, you guys are a lot more fun.

I did pick up some good habits - like the dishwasher and laundry routines. I also liked the cleaning for 1-2 hours a week and letting it go the rest of the time.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

What is Fly Lady? (My naivity is a running theme for the day...)

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
            Heidi.....believe me, my daughter's room could take that. Luckily we have lots of bins, so it is just grab, throw and stow. She was playing in there last night before she stripped, threw up 6 times and changed pjs 4 times. Laundry was icky.
            poor you - poor daughter!

although on the house cleaning front, i have to agree w/heidi. either your house wasn't ALL that messy, or it's really as small as your IL's say.

Comment

FlyLady is this folksy "get your life organized and your house clean" site. This woman spun off a home organization planning system into a website community. She sends out emails all day telling you what to do. No thinking required. She also sends out a daily folksy inspirational essay. The email quantity is overwhelming, but it does help if you are underwater. Eventually, your house will be spotless and your life will be orderly. I could never do it all, but it gave me lots of ideas of how to get my act together. Now, I just do the stuff that worked for me. The rest I've forgotten. (And I don't do the emails. I quit those after a year.)
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

You guys crack me up! I was trying to put away clothes and make some semblence out of our baby's room this morning. Meanwhile, my two kids managed to destroy every room in the house. Now I have all those messes to clean up on top of deeper cleaning before in-laws. I had a nervous breakdown in front of kids and threw them in the car for a McDonald's lunch and the park. Darn the messes are still here and I feel like ing and just want to sleep. Here I am instead of getting my stuff done. Compulsive DH is going to be so happy to see our lovely home.
                Needs

Comment

Working...
                X