Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Argh, not now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh, not now!

So it's 8:30 on Friday night and a friend calls and says she is going to be in town tonight from DC and wants to hang out... This means she will see my apartment. Being the Southern belle that she is, that means I need to clean. Damn... now I'm in the same boat with Angie and Krystal but I only have 30 minutes.

Crap!

That feeling sucks.

Glad its not me....(she says raising a glass)
    Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
    Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
      That's why God made closets. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've shoved my messes into closests. Just don't let anyone open them.
      God did not make closets in 110 year old apartment buildings in the city of Richmond. I have one mini closet in my bedroom for a small amount of clothes and that's IT! Can you imagine?! My vacuum is sitting next to my desk, my Swiffer is leaning on the dining table, and my ironing board is next to the TV.

Got any other great "cleaning" gifts from God??

Comment

Got a veranda?

Comment

I use laundry baskets. I go through the room and put everything in it that doesn't belong, then I put the basket in the garage or basement!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Well, Amber, yes I do! Great idea! I just stuck a couple fans out there - hope it doesn't rain!

Luanne is a little optimistic. No basement, attic, anything. Just 550 square feet of storage-less goodness! I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

Under the bed!!!!! The washing machine and dishwasher can also hide things!!
              Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Don't forget the shower!

Comment

We could open our own cleaning service!!!!
                  Luanne

Comment

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

You guys crack me up! Luckily I have 22 days to clean up, not a mere 30 minutes.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

You are all so AWESOME!!! So very helpful in one's time of need!

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                          Under the bed!!!!! The washing machine and dishwasher can also hide things!!
                          Ok, let's see... What's in my tiny apt?

Bed? Check!
                          Washing machine? No...
                          Dishwasher? NO!

BUt....

I GOT IT DONE!! They just got here! Gotta run! :!

Comment

Quick cleaning hint:

If someone comes to the door unexpectedly and the house is messy, grab a broom from the closet and get a damp dishcloth and lay it across your shoulder...then go answer the door.

"Oh, hi..I was just in the middle of picking up....come on in"

Be sure and swipe something with the wet dish towel and then keep picking up while they are there.

It will make them think the house is less messy than it is.

Kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris....that is the best cleaning advice I have ever heard. You are better than Fly Lady!

I'm glad you made it in time, Stella. It seems like unexpected visitors always show up when my house is at its worst.

Comment

Working...
                              X