Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What kind of creative stuff do you do for fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make rag quilts as baby gifts for my nieces and nephews. My favorite thing to do is to make cards, scrapbook pages, and other gifts with rubberstamps.

My recent projects have been these-
    Baby quilt for my new niece, and matching doll quilts and pillows for her older sisters

Name boards-

Cards for my technique group

Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Oh wow! Italy... I would love to go!
      My first vacation with dh was to Crete. We loved it there!

If/when I go to Germany next summer for research, I'll swing over to Sweden to visit a good friend who got a little one on board (due today, actually).

I'm hoping dh can come over and we go to Italy. Italy was part of the deal when we got married!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Holy Crrrrap! As I was typing that message my Swedish friend called. Her baby was born earlier today. Holy Crrrap!

Comment

My fun...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72005995@N00/show/
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oh my god, Heidi! Awesome! You've got great talent!

Comment

That wedding cake is stunning. Bravo, Heidi.

Comment

Heidi - that is all FABULOUS - can you do that to make extra money?
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Those look terrific! I've never worked with fondant before ... was it hard to do?

Love your new avatar BTW.

Comment

Hey all you cross-stitchers ...

Thanks . I spent some time wandering around Michael's craft store tonight (killing time while the boys were at Kidspark -- the reward THEY chose) and ended up buying a little kit to make a funny / jokey thing for my friend. I used to cross-stitch as a kid, but clearly my eyes were better then.

I'm making progress -- but usually have to check a count 2 or 3 times before I remember and stitch it right. It's really making me feel OLD!

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                      Heidi, that wedding cake is spectacular!!! Girl, you definitely need to invite me to dinner...and make a cake!
                      iMSN potluck would be fun, with Heidi in charge of dessert.

Does shopping count as creating hobby? I also like to cook, eat and drink.

Comment

I love to cook, especially Thai, Indain, & Malaysian. Since I went back to Graduate school I cook alot less. DH & I had breakfast and lunch in the hospital cafeteria yesterday, lunch there today. We are pathetic.

Heidi, the cakes are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

There are some creative people here at iMSN. Heidi, your cakes and crafts are beautiful. I wish I was talented that way.

The only thing I do for fun is scrapbook. I haven't touched it in a long time. I really enjoy photography, but I have a lot to learn about it. The only thing I have planned for myself is this coming May. I want to get back into shape by running a half marathon here in town. It is a lot of fun.

Jennifer
                          Needs

Comment

Jesher-

Quick tip from a former cross-sticher- go to the library or your husband's office and blow up the directions so that a normal person could read them. Trust me, makes it that much more pleasant.

My aunt made me a gorgeous counted cross stitch sampler of the Russian alphabet and Moscow. I'll take a picture and post it.

Jenn

Comment

So many creative people here....where do you all find the time?? Heidi, your cakes look amazing!!

I've always had a passion for photography and would love to get more into it. I have been wanting to join our local photo club for some time now, but feel insecure about other people looking at/critiquing my photos...especially since there is a lot of room for improvement!

I also enjoy doing other creative stuff (crochet, scrapbooking, floral arrangements), but can't seem to find the time these days.

Comment

Heidi, those cakes are so cool!

And Stella, I love the pigeon picture.

I really had no idea cross stitch was so popular. My mom used to do it. She actually started an alphabet blanket for me before I was born, but never finished it. I'd always play with the different pieces of finished cross stitching when I was young. She finally finished it and gave it to DD for her first birthday. It was a huge flashback for me, I had no idea she held on to all of it.

Erica, you should join the photography club for sure. It sounds like fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X