Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Showering after Anatomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showering after Anatomy

He isn't showering after the lab. Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, sorry, I was so upset, I just had to type something - fast. He came over just now - at 10PM - and hadn't showered since his Anatomy Lab at 10AM. He was all, I don't smell it!! I'm clean!!

Yeah, feel clean all you want but DON'T TOUCH ME! :>

Needless to say, he is just getting out of the shower now.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!! THAT SMELL IS FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I will never forget how even after washing DH's clothes that smell would permeate the house while his clothes were in the dryer!!!!!!!
      EW! Tell that boy the formaldehyde has burned his sense of smell and to get his booty in the shower!
      Sorry but that memory is permanently imprinted on my olfactory system!
      Gross me out the door!
      :!

Comment

I'm reading this laughing - I am SO glad I didn't live with DH when he took anatomy, in fact I was 1/2 a country away.

Good luck!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I told my husband about this and he said, "aren't you glad you didn't know me then?" (ex-girlfriend got the joy. Thanks Carol!)

Jenn

Comment

My poor fella would scrub himself down after anatomy, so I tried to be careful and not let on that I could STILL SMELL IT. It didn't bother me as much as it did him, actually. He just hated to smell!
            Alison

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
              I'm reading this laughing - I am SO glad I didn't live with DH when he took anatomy, in fact I was 1/2 a country away.
              I think that is a good distance. Boy, does this bring back memories! Nine years and my memory can still bring up the smell. BLECH.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri

Good luck!
                Exactly. Although I wasn't quite that far. He also knew better than to come straight from the lab before showering and changing. Sorry Stella.

Comment

Yuck!

I used to take dh's anatomy clothes to the laundromat. My gag reflex used to take over when I could see what was at table-height on his pants. YUCK!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                    Yuck!

I used to take dh's anatomy clothes to the laundromat. My gag reflex used to take over when I could see what was at table-height on his pants. YUCK!
                    Yeah, he tried to tell me, "But I washed my arms!"

Nice try, buster.

Comment

ahaha, my GF just started anatomy lab this week, and she came over last night and goes "smell my hair" with a big shit-eating grin on her face.

I shoved her in the shower and started watching Lost without her in retaliation.
                      - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

My husband went to med school in Germany. At the end of the anatomy term they gave the bodies proper goodbyes and had a brief reception, I believe. do they do that here too?

On an informal basis, the guys at dh's table had a party for when they could FINALLY turn the body over. "Body-Flipping Pary."
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                          My husband went to med school in Germany. At the end of the anatomy term they gave the bodies proper goodbyes and had a brief reception, I believe. do they do that here too?

On an informal basis, the guys at dh's table had a party for when they could FINALLY turn the body over. "Body-Flipping Pary."
                          They do the farewells at Stanford where my DH went. On the last day of class they have very nice ceremonies for each cadaver and then they all go out to the bar to celebrate.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yeah, now SO has been teasing me about the smell, saying how its "minty fresh" and whatnot.

I think it's a macho thing - ya know, smell bad to prove that you were there in the dead person's body all day because that's really gross and therefore makes him look cool. Or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
                              My poor fella would scrub himself down after anatomy, so I tried to be careful and not let on that I could STILL SMELL IT. It didn't bother me as much as it did him, actually. He just hated to smell!
                              My honey much the same.. I really don't smell it.. He changes out of his scrubs immediately, even t-shirt. He wore that home ONCE.
                              GAG.. I was like you STINK. DON"T wear the TShirt you wore in Anatomy lab under your reg clothes again.
                              He was tramatized that I thought he stunk and has never done it again. Of course school is still young as is our marriage..Soooo.. my luck could change at any moment.. LOL
                              Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

Working...
                              X