Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Showering after Anatomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when DH was an MS-1, he was actively involved as a "big brother" to a 9 year old little brother in the BBBS program. One afternoon when LB was at our apt, DH was proudly showing him all his med school paraphenelia, when LB asked "what is this on your scrubs?" DH replied, "It looks like cadaver muscle."
    Great, I am sure these are the kind of activities the BBBS promotes

Comment

Introducing me to his cadaver? Is that allowed...? I would think there are some confidentiality issues here, no?

Dh told me that they shave the eyebrows off so that they have less of a personality.

He used to complain about the cadaver because it was a tiny woman and at his table they had to sqeeze in really tight to be able to see anything.

I don't remember muscles! Just fat. It was always at table-height on his anatomy clothes. I'm getting grossed out here.

This is why I deal with paper and books all day. I wouldn't be able to stomach this.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

This period was pre-K (pre-Kelly). However, my DH must have smelled terrible because he spent two years pursuing a Masters of Human Anatomy and taught Gross Anatomy before entering medical school. YUCK!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Yeah, there was the occasional chunk of fat to deal with. Ick. My husband's group named their cadaver Morty. I think he invited me to go peek at Morty but I wasn't interested enough to deal with the smell.
          Alison

Comment

Yes, SO's is named Abra. Abra Cadaver.

He offered last night to take me to the lab, and I just might take him up on it. Being the English/Art girl, I've never seen anything like it and he said it was pretty Frankenstein-esque down in the lab. They crank Abra out of a vat. I think that sounds interesting.

Comment

All I know is that the cadaver had lima beans for dinner before he became the cadaver.

All together now....'ewwwww'

Jenn

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                  All I know is that the cadaver had lima beans for dinner before he became the cadaver.

All together now....'ewwwww'

Jenn
                  I KNEW lima beans were no good for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X