Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Male medspouse roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I just realized the last post before me was in 2012. Damn.

Comment

There's others. @Balibeg
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

[MENTION=2394]bobk[/MENTION]

Comment

[MENTION=4627]ballibeg[/MENTION] [MENTION=852]fluffhead[/MENTION] [MENTION=1103]Laker[/MENTION] [MENTION=1164]reciprocity[/MENTION]
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            [MENTION=2394]bobk[/MENTION]
            Yeah - where has he been? Haven't heard from him in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With more med school classes now being 50/50, I am happy to see more male spouses here.

As I work IRL to provide as much support to the male spouses as the female ones, I would love to get ideas how to do such. We have tried some gender stereotypical activities but those have not always worked. I have noticed that the male spouses in my area have totally separate lives from medicine...even if they are providing the majority of house/children care. Whereas, the female spouses tend to be more involved in all that is "medicine" - in and post trainig.
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

[MENTION=852]fluffhead[/MENTION] [MENTION=4325]metroguy[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                  [MENTION=1164]reciprocity[/MENTION]
                  yoooooo

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                  With more med school classes now being 50/50, I am happy to see more male spouses here.

As I work IRL to provide as much support to the male spouses as the female ones, I would love to get ideas how to do such. We have tried some gender stereotypical activities but those have not always worked. I have noticed that the male spouses in my area have totally separate lives from medicine...even if they are providing the majority of house/children care. Whereas, the female spouses tend to be more involved in all that is "medicine" - in and post trainig.
                  Just speaking for myself, "gender stereotypical" activities (which I read as "sports") would not really get me going but I would love to be invited for meals or drinks or events in the city here by other med spouses (but that hasn't happened ever at all)
                  - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

New member here...SO to first year. So we just started this incredible journey

Comment

Originally posted by baba-tee View Post
                      Welcome. I didn't meet my wife until after MS2. Now we're many years out of training. You too will survive.
                      Let us know how things are going.
                      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Welcome! I'm new to this site, and although I'm not male, my BF is MS1 as well. I don't know too many on here going through first year so I'd like to stay in touch!
                        Paramedic and dog lover, girlfriend to an MS1, here to find friends and support during this journey

Comment

[MENTION=5073]baba-tee[/MENTION]

Come on over to the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself, we'd love to get to know you more!
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Oh yea definitely...I plan on being on here a good amount. How long have you been with your bf?

Originally posted by Lynnea View Post
                            Welcome! I'm new to this site, and although I'm not male, my BF is MS1 as well. I don't know too many on here going through first year so I'd like to stay in touch!

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Oh yea definitely...I plan on being on here a good amount. How long have you been with your bf?
                                We have been together a little over a year, I'm 27 and he's 24. I'm previously divorced and we met in the medical field. He was an EMT and I am a Paramedic on an ambulance. Im feeling quite overwhelmed and anxious over this process!
                                What about you guys?
                                Paramedic and dog lover, girlfriend to an MS1, here to find friends and support during this journey

Comment

Working...
                                X