Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Heidi's musings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heidi's musings

Trying to catch my breath. Breathe in and out. In and out. Whew.

I am schedule saturated right now, and I can't possibly fit breathing into it. It's a good thing though, as I find myself scheduling job opportunities for Chad, real estate tours for me, Sea World visit for the kids, baseball practice and games, babysitting, dinners at swanky restaurants, hotel stays at swanky hotels, and so much more.

Next weekend, I have to find time to clean my house, have Easter for the kids a week late (Chad is on-call this weekend, and we are headed to Greenville), and host a baby shower that I don't particularly want to host for a second baby. Got dragged into it, guilted into it, and practically browbeaten into it. Sigh. The weekend after that we are headed to Florida for a job interview. The weekend after that Chad is on-call in Greenville again, and I have to attend another baby shower for another resident's wife. The weekend after that we have another job interview in Florida. The week after that Chad's parents and his grandmother are coming to visit and stay for a week. In the midst of all of this we have baseball 4 nights a week and I babysit 2-3 days a week, oh and then there are those little things like life in between. Then the week of May 10-18th, we are headed to Florida for a job interview spree. Count them...6 opportunities. Then we have graduation crap, research day crap, end of year parties, meeting new residents. Gag. I am so done with this. At the end of June, Chad was invited to present the paper he "plagiarized" at the AOFAS (Foot and Ankle surgery) annual meeting which is in Denver this year. I don't think I'll go with him.

If anyone wants to chat with me. I am available by phone once in a while!

I miss you all, and hopefully in September or so things will slow down enough for me to breathe again.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I am feeling so overwhelmed this morning. One more month of this away rotation. One more month. This has just been so hard. I feel like I have 100 balls in the air, and instead of catching most of them, so many of them are being dropped.

Let's see: I leave for Greenville tonight to catch a plane in the morning with the kids and Chad for our first interview. I have packed nothing. I have to pack for all four of us.

I have to return movies and books.

I have to finish picking up a few things at the store.

I have to make sure the house is locked up, buckled down, lights off, and there is nothing growing too badly in the sink.

I have to make travel arrangements for our other trips.

I still have to book a rental car for this trip.

My son has a project that he has had for a MONTH that he told me about yesterday, and lied to me about his knowledge of it before Monday. The teacher is giving us an extension until Monday, and I don't know how we are going to do this project on the plane. Have I mentioned that I hate projects??!!!

I have to pay bills.

Our taxes still aren't finished. Oy.

My husband is being oh so helpful. "What can I do?" Sarcastic ass!

:fight:

I feel like I am failing.

I am losing my temper with my kids. A. Lot.

I have had a splitting headache for a week, and a horrible cold for two.

:badday:

Comment

My husband, whom I think I vaguely remember, is coming HOME tomorrow. I mean, we will actually be sleeping in the same bed, together. Novel idea, isn't it? We'll see how long he lasts in my good graces before I kick him to the couch.

http://teaching-teachersays.blogspot.com/

My mother-in-law's blog. Not one picture of me. Not even my name. Conveniently, pictures in her blog are included of her precious sons and their children. It's just those damn wives!

All I ask of my daughters-in-law is that they support, love, and appreciate the men they married, and teach, love, and take care of the children they share. Their individual talents, opinions, and even personality quirks (we all have them) are far less important.
        What the hell is that supposed to mean? Passive-aggresive bitch. You may not read into it the meanness, therein, but I assure you...

Next time she comes to visit, I am poisoning her. I swear. Rotting in prison will be worth it.

Comment

Holy shit. My head is spinning. I have no idea what to do. 8 job interviews down. 8 job offers. All much better than residency. I mean, c'mon. But, what the hell do we take? Every day, we try to assess. Every day we are more confused.

Offers with stupid amounts of money. Offers with great people. Offers in great places. All have pros and cons, but really, it's mostly pros.

Why is this so stressful? It's all better than residency, but I feel the need to make the right decision. Anyone have a crystal ball I can borrow?

Comment

In case I didn't post it somewhere yet....

It's official. We've signed a contract, and we are moving to Lakeland, Florida. Chad will be starting a job at Bartow Regional Medical Center, and I can't wait to leave residency behind.

360 days left.

Comment

So, I've gone a little hopping mad, I think. I am in love. I heart

Yes, for this little beauty, I have travelled many miles, waited in long lines, and spent more money than I want to admit. I love it though. In love.

I haven't found a Wii Fit yet, but I plan to. Gadgets. They have a power over me. I thought my husband was the only one with this sickness, but clearly, no. I can't deny it any more.

I spent the day playing on my new iphone and finishing Stephanie Meyer's third enstallment in her vampire series, Eclipse. Then, I went to the pool with hubby (HOME, for once!!!) and the kids. Overall, a nice day.

Comment

Maybe I overdid it a little on the Wii Fit. I certainly didn't think I felt that bad. I went to the doc today because I've been having coughing fits and had to use my inhaler. Well, I have a respiratory infection with bronchospasms and asthma. On the way home, I had the worst asthma attack I have ever had by far. Chad was nearby in another car with the kids. I did not have my inhaler with me. I had to pull over and park off the shoulder. Chad had to come get me and drove home really fast to get my inhaler. I had a really hard time breathing and actually blacked out! I'm home now and in bed, breathing easier, literally.

Comment

Oy vey. My daughter.

What is that saying, "When the cats are away the mice will play."? Well, when Mom is in bed trying to recover from a respiratory infection, I'll tell you what happens. Or, I'll show you.

Yes, that's right. We cut our hair!! I don't think the pictures do the job justice. I'll post new pictures later of her "fixed" hair. I don't know how short they'll have to go. It's so sad.

Comment

Chad's parents were here this past week. Hooray? Well, hooray that they are gone!!!

We also had our 12th anniversary while they were in town. Way to up the romance factor there. Total suckfest. I got Chad a pair of sunglasses. He got me - nothing. Nada. I think he's trying to count dinner as my present, but he got it too! Anyway, I love the man, but not even a card.

Anyway, we did manage to get away to dinner at our new "Anniversary Restaurant." I am in heaven at that place. It's expensive, and so it served as our contract signing celebratory dinner as well. Dinner was divine. We had the 10 course Chef's tasting menu at Devereaux's. I think he must be one of the hidden culinary gems in the country. It was spectacular. Our meal was:

Amuse bouche - Chilled fennel soup with ripe banana
                    First course - Tasting of heirloom tomatoes. Heirloom tomato gazpacho and heirloom tomato tartare with fresh mozzarella and aged balsamic
                    Second course - Beef carpaccio and beef tartare with potato wafer and soft boiled quail egg
                    Third course - Pan seared diver scallop with roasted corn and roasted corn consomme, parmesan crisp, duck confit and chive oil
                    Fourth course - Seared Ahi tuna with haricot verts, heirloom tomatoes, and mushroom duxelles
                    Fifth course - Tile fish with wax beans, eggplant, chinese egg consomme, sprouts, and mustard glazed Chinese mushrooms
                    Sixth course - Seared New York Foie Gras on housemade brioche with black mission fig puree and port pached figs and pastachio cream
                    Seventh course - Breast of muscovy duck with cramelized onions, squash, and blueberry black muscat reduction
                    Eighth course - Frenched rack of lamb with curried basmati rice, golden raisin chutney, and basil jus
                    Cheese course - Aged goat cheddar with spiced apricot puree and organic honey
                    Pre dessert - Lemon posset
                    Dessert - Duo of chocolate - Flourless chocolate cake with black peppercorn ice cream and white chocolate parfait with berry compote
                    After dinner taste - Peanut fudge and homemade cinnamon marshmallows

It was heaven. The foie gras was especially pleasing. I loved it. I had only had it once before (at this same restaurant), and this preparation far surpassed that. I am on a fig high from that dish! I also really, really loved the scallop dish, though all dishes were exquisite!

MIL commented about my love for food and how, "You'll never be skinny. People who love food never are."

Thanks, bitch!

As soon as I can find my SD card, I'll post pictures of the cake I made for the shower a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Today I am making crispy duck breasts with a fig gastrique reduction. Too bad dh is on call. Poor lad. In any event, if he can't make it home, perhaps I will take a bit over to Beth. If it is any good, I know she would appreciate it.

I made scallops earlier in the week. They were rotten. They smelled fresh and looked good, but one bite told otherwise. Bollocks. How am I supposed to tell? Money down the drain. We ended up eating corn dogs from Sonic Burger.

I've been reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon per someone's rec on this site. It took me a while to get into, but I am enjoying it, and adding a bit of English or Scottish curse words to my language.

Comment

bump
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                        X