Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2007 Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinkpickles--when's your baby due? I notice that when written down, your other kids have very interesting birthdates! 02/03/04!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

May 12 , but I have the option to "play around" with it a bit. I think the date falls on a weekend so I'll try and schedule it for the Thur before . That way my workaholic DH will have to take off Thur & Fri and Mon & Tues. I am also having the baby @ a hospital where he DOESN'T"T have privileges, because last time he'd blow in and out for a visits then trot around the hospital picking up a few consults from those that noticed he was there

If hell freezes over and his folks show up, then due to WW III psychological trauma, I will admit myself to the PSYCH ward after the delivery and not return until they are gone... or he if he wants to re-marry w/ the condition of a pre-nup that stipulates one condition: NO IL visits to the US!

Comment

Ohyes, the birth date thingy...it's kinda nice because it's easier to remember 10-02-02, 02-03-04, 09-09-05, this one won't have a pattern...oh well it's the fourth, I'll have a natural excuse to forget it...completely depleted brain cells

Comment

Malpka are you on here today or are you busy w/ labor??!! Looks like you and Erinna are the March dates!
          How is everyone else doing? I have an OB visit this afternoon. I am really feeling exhausted these days, thus really irritable...DH has really stepped up in the compassion and care department; he see it in me when he walks in the door. He's been helping out a lot w/ cooking, and helping to get people ready for bed. I hope everybody is doing well: so chime in moms and dads to be and share how things are going!

Comment

Looks like I'm seeng a due date of October 14.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I am still here - and definitely not busy with labor. Looks like I am headed to overdue city again
              Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Malpka
                I am still here - and definitely not busy with labor. Looks like I am headed to overdue city again
                Maybe the baby just wanted to wait until the winter storms were over.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

You know- I have considered that! Looks like it will "warm' up mid-week, so I am hoping she will decide to hatch by then at least!

Everyone in DH's department is gone for a conference except him and one attending (who is usually research faculty). Said attending has been pouting all day because he says he is sure I will have this baby the minute everyone else gets on the plane to San Diego and he will be stuck running the service alone. Now that he has complained, I kind of hope to make him do it
                  Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Malpka, Hope everything goes well with L+D!

Comment

Just wondering have there been any more announcements in the last month that I've missed?

Comment

Yay, Jane! A girl!!! I'm waiting for you to announce the name you've picked. I love Irish names.
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

LOL! We're probably not going with an Irish as in Gaelige spelt name not sure yet, DF keeps vito-ing everything I suggest! He thinks if we end up going to America or the UK people people will have trouble pronoucing them, he has problems with his name and it really really annoys him. He's Ciarán pronounced kear-awn (or like Kieran) but in America, not so much the UK he keeps getting call 'C'-air-on and what makes it worse is his surname has a silent 'e' at the end of it so he gets called 'C'-air-awn [Surname]eeeeeeee. I think its hilarious because I can see it in his face when it happens where as my name and surname couldn't get any easier

Comment

Jane,

My daughter's middle name is Fionnuala. She was born in Craigavon area hospital and was named after a close family friend of ours....

People regularly pronounce it Feeohnewahla. When I say "It's fanewla" they balk and I've even had people tell me that I should change the spelling. Kinda defeats the purpose of giving her an irish name if I change the spelling now, doesn't it!

Another beautiful name I thought is Siobhan.

kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We like to give our kids family names or names from one our heritages. DS is named after BIL and DD first name is Aedin (After watching Legends of the Fall with Aidan Quinn, I vowed that I would name my daughter Aidan. By the time I got my girl, Aidan was the most popular boys name so we chose an alternate spelling, the "i" should have an accent and be pronounced een) but goes by her middle name which is Chinese and also my middle name. If we have another boy, we will name him Eoin (Owen). All of our family hates the spelling, good thing its not their kid.

Comment

An alternative spelling for Owen if you want to go really Irish is Eoghan pronounced exactly the same as eoin/owen obviously would comfused family even more Aidan is a nice name for a girl, I really like that, I prefer it to the feminine of Aidan which is Aideen.

Kris, have you got the story of the children of Lir, Fionnuala was one of the children of Lir, I will send it to you if you are interested?

MY favourite Irish names for girls are

* Roisín pronounced Row-sheen or Rosh-een depending if you are from north of Ireland or the south
                                *Aoife (eave-a)
                                *Aisling (ash-ling)
                                *Doireann (dear-in)
                                *Saorise (sear-sha)
                                *Orlaith (Ore-la)

DF doesn't like any of them but we have a name, its irish and its not an uncommon name on this website

Comment

Working...
                                X