Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's pregnant right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm back from the docs and since the little bugger wouldn't sit still, they estimate I am 18 weeks pregnant -- due date sometime in October. I go to the "super duper" ultrasound office in a couple of weeks so they can hone that estimate a bit. So we are in "fast forward" now with the whole "planning" side of things. What goofs we are not to have had a clue!!!!

So my first pregnancy went 42 weeks (NEVER AGAIN), we finally induced and I had a 9 pound 13 oz. baby girl. This pregnancy is the sprinting kind I guess. I've only been to the docs once and I'm out of my first trimester! Nice!! I like this speed! Waiting gets old after a while!

So that's my update.

To reiterate Kris -- WARNING, responding to this post might cause pregnancy!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Wow! You are almost half way through! Are you surprised? Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

I am a bit shocked but I'm laughing at the whole thing. I guess this little one with have his or her own story from the beginning!

Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
          Apparently, I need to stop posting here

Congrats on being halfway through.....WOW.......This is kind of neat...you will only have to wait half as long now! Any idea of the sex from that first u/s?

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We're a "no peek" couple. Most of our friends think we're nuts but we just love the suspense and the big moment when he/she comes into the world. It was an amazing announcement when our daughter was born but I know others really treasure finding out before the birth too.

Anyway, thanks to all the people who said yeah for us!
            Flynn

Comment

They estimate you're 18 weeks along already!!! That is just amazing... I guess you didn't have a ton of morning sickness??? Best of luck at the super duper ultrasound!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Flynn, congratulations!!! I can't believe you guys didn't realize that you were pregnant - that is the coolest thing! Gosh to have the first trimester pass by without even feeling it. Aahhh. Now, if you could only do that for the third.

Originally posted by Flynn
                Clearly, I have forgotten what pregnancy really felt like. I know I hated it, but I truly have not much recollection for just how much. So here is my post - I'm going off the pill in 6 weeks. Send me conception vibes!

Peggy, hope you are feeling ok in these last weeks. Good luck!

Comment

Flynn--This is a great story...and the way to go. 22 weeks of pregnancy sound a whole lot better than 40!

Dagny--Best of luck and have fun trying. The best advice for conception came from my court reporter: just get some beer and get in the back seat of a car. She swears this method works!

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny

Peggy, hope you are feeling ok in these last weeks. Good luck!
                    I'm feeling OK, still pregnant... My mom doesn't get here until Saturday night (I'll be 39 weeks, 1 day) so I hope to go into labor then; no earlier, no later... I'm getting a tee bit worried that this little guy will not be so little-- the biggest child I've given birth to was Steven; he was 6 lb. 7 oz. I think...

Mac wants the baby to come no earlier than after his exam on Monday, May 24. I really don't care about his exams anymore at this point! So supportive am I...
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Oh my goodness I'm almost 26 weeks! Time is flying- I feel so unprepared and am starting to get a big nervous about going from 1 to 2! I'm overall really thrilled and anxious to meet her though!

I'm SO tired all I wanna do is sleep lately and I have no energy to do anything once I get home from work. I had issues with PTL & a Placenta Abruption last pg so I'm hoping to avoid complications this time around and go further than 35 weeks!

Comment

Flynn-

CONGRATS!!! Must be nice to know that you are almost half way done and didn't even know it!

Crystal
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

So we went to get a follow up ultra sound and the doc's approximation was correct. I will start my 23rd week on Monday! October 6th is the estimated due date so we have about 4 months to go I guess.

My friends and family are all laughing at us but by now, I DO look pregnant for sure!!

Flynn

Comment

Working...
                          X