Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Open mouth, insert foot (not mine for once!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
    Genetics are a weird thing. DD has a very different complexion than both DH or me. We think it is due to DH's heritage, he is a quarter Japanese but looks white. DD has her FIL's skintone (who is half Japanese). So far we've gotten no comments except from my mom who pointed it out and said it was beautiful. We have yet to see if it is a baby thing or if she'll keep it - it is really lovely.
    It *is* really interesting how it works. I've got a friend (Caucasian, specifically German and British so very fair, blond, blue eyes), & her husband is 1/2 German, 1/2 Indian. Her daughter looks EXACTLY like she does -- is very fair, except she tans beautifully, and her son looks like he could be one of mine. Then there's one of dh's cousins (who is 1/2 Indian, 1/2 Irish), married a Caucasian woman, and their little girl has red hair and bright blue eyes.

It really does produce lovely children, but there just isn't a polite way to ask about it when there is still so much hatred in the world. The woman running for Gov. of South Carolina (Indian, but I think mixed?) was just called a "raghead" by some fool the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
      It *is* really interesting how it works. I've got a friend (Caucasian, specifically German and British so very fair, blond, blue eyes), & her husband is 1/2 German, 1/2 Indian. Her daughter looks EXACTLY like she does -- is very fair, except she tans beautifully, and her son looks like he could be one of mine. Then there's one of dh's cousins (who is 1/2 Indian, 1/2 Irish), married a Caucasian woman, and their little girl has red hair and bright blue eyes.

It really does produce lovely children, but there just isn't a polite way to ask about it when there is still so much hatred in the world. The woman running for Gov. of South Carolina (Indian, but I think mixed?) was just called a "raghead" by some fool the other day.
      The most GORGEOUS children. Our neighbors (the Japanese/Norweigans) had dark hair, very fair skin, and the most beautiful blue eyes that were almond shaped. It was literally stunning.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
      X