Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Baby clothes (socks especially)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love hearing everyone's opinions. I'm WAY beyond the baby stage (our youngest is 9 y/o), but my niece is almost at her due date and I'm filing away all of the info for her.

I love buying baby stuff for everyone we knew who are having kids.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
      I know you are trying to be prepared, but just to throw out a word of caution. I was glad I waited to really stock up because unlike others, our unique little critter (1) did not have a bunching problem with the zippered sleepers, (2) hated the sleep sacks with a passion (3) could not stand to be swaddled... etc. My point here is that every baby has different preferences and if you "stock up" you may end up with a drawer full of xyz that the baby refuses to like (like swaddle blankets which people gave me because "they work so well"). Just something to keep in mind.

Except burp cloths and thin blankets. Get a bunch of those!! (I used the blankets to create a barrier anywhere I didn't want to set the baby down... like while changing, on the floor, whatever, they were handy)
      Just out of curiosity, how could you tell she hated the sleeper sack?
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
        I love the footed sleepers! I still use them for DS. We've been using the gowns for DD, just because that's what we got as gifts, and they're nice for overnight diaper changes. I don't layer a onesie under their pajamas, but we keep our house a pretty constant temperature year-round. I probably will start if/when DS starts taking off his diaper.
        Ahhh! Must be nice! We have a heat pump system at our house. For the first few minutes when the heat unity turns on it blows cool air before it warms up. Makes it feel kinda drafty in here. I was so worried she was cold!
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
          Just out of curiosity, how could you tell she hated the sleeper sack?
          Well, it wasn't hard to translate her on this. She'd freak out and scream until we changed her out of it, same w/swaddling, where most babies are comforted, mine wanted to have her arms and legs free. We change her into pjs and she'd sleep like a content little starfish. Like I said... "unique"...
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Mine liked the sleep sacks but I had trouble keeping them dry & him warm after nursing since I made too much milk & a ton would leak down his chin & get the area around his neck wet. I only had two & nursed multiple times through the night. In the early days the side snap long sleeve tees were the best since I had to undress him to nurse so he would wake up some. They were easy to remove & put back on.
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Today there is a Trumpette sock sale on Zulilly - REALLY cute new styles I've never seen

Comment

My daughter is four months old and up until the past week or two she pretty much only wore sleepers (with feet). I just felt that they were the easiest thing, and with being so busy, I just couldn't be bothered with anything other than sleepers. Now that I have her on somewhat of a schedule, and I have a bit more time, I am putting her in pants and shirts during the day (but only because she was given so many cute clothes as gifts). So now that she's wearing clothes, I put socks on, but they are so annoying because they always fall off. I much prefer pants that have feet (I think all pants should have feet for babies that don't walk yet). I agree with the person that suggested not stocking up to much because you don't know what your baby's preferences will be. I have a few sleep sacks and swaddling blankets that I've never used, because my daughter would always "escape" from the swaddle, and I never bothered with the sleep sacks, because she is always fairly hot and our bedroom is warm. So, I guess wait and see what's best for you and the baby. Oh, and I'm not sure if they have Joe Fresh in the U.S. yet (it's a Canadian company) but they have super cheap really cute baby and kids clothes (and adult clothes too!)

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                  Well, it wasn't hard to translate her on this. She'd freak out and scream until we changed her out of it, same w/swaddling, where most babies are comforted, mine wanted to have her arms and legs free. We change her into pjs and she'd sleep like a content little starfish. Like I said... "unique"...
                  Aww. So cute. Sounds exactly like my little girl. I've never tried the sleep sack, but she's a swaddle-escape artist, and loves to kick and move around. Lately, I put her to bed the way you normally would (parallel to the sides of the crib) and I find her in the morning with her body at a right angle from the sides of the crib, or sometimes she's even rotated around 180 degrees. I don't know how she does it- she can't roll over yet, so she's propelling herself fully by kicking. I'm just hoping that she's doing some sleeping as well!

Comment

I didn't like pants with feet because they had to fit my kids' height and girth at the same time. I was a lot happier with one piece footed clothes or pants with the bootie socks. I have a set of trumpett socks for myu 7 month old now. I get a lot of complements because they are cute but he pulls them off just like the others.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                    X