Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We're not sleeping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metroguy View Post
    my older one had issues with keeping the milk down. non spitup baby formula works ok (heavier rice/soy formula). a combination of non spitup formula and me holding her in 45/60 degree angle while i slept did wonders for me. however the same combination did not work on the 2nd one. #2 was per torture until she was 2+ yrs
    She was "sleeping" at an angle, and would be on an incline when eating, although probably around 30* (she is really too heavy for me to hold her for extended periods at odd angles ). We stopped the rice & formula because she was horribly stopped-up.

It's so true that in some senses, having 1 does nothing to prepare you for #2!

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Holy cuteness!!! She's adorable. There's a reason why she's so cute. . I'm chiming in late. Dd was an asshole baby, but a good sleeper once we figured out what the exact conditions were that needed to be met. Before we figured out the right temp, the right amount of clothing, and the right flipping diaper even, things went better. And she was LOUD too. She only had one volume that would make your heart race, and people would comment all. the. time.

Have you tried adjusting the temperature in her room? What kinds of curtains do you have for her?

We did CIO with dd at H's age and haven't looked back. I think it works really well for some babies where you just can't pinpoint the problem. I hope it continues to work!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Missed this thread until now but I'm glad things are improving!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

So, night time is going ok. She usually wakes up once around 10pm and cries for a bit, but then is fine until between 3-6. She gets a bottle, and goes back to sleep until about 7. Now, naps...she used to "nap" for about 3 hours - but the last month or so, she would wake up every 30-45 minutes and need something. Since this new sleeping arrangement has started, she will lay in the PnP for about 30 minutes, and then scream and cry for 90 minutes (she would do it longer, I suspect. She's sure not slowing down after 90). This has been going on for almost a week now, and hasn't gotten better. It's also to the point where A will say something when I get her from her room like, "H is crying because she's upset because she wants her swaddle". So I have one screaming child (who I can hear all over the house) and one who is sitting in her room wondering why her baby sister is being tortured...Needless to say, I haven't had the quiet time that I need to recharge!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

And Alison - it does help that she's cute It's amazing, isn't it!
            Jen

Comment

Working...
            X