Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah I knoooooow. This new mommin' thing ain't for the faint of heart. I can see myself being ridiculous but I feel powerless to stop it right now. Eek!

I'm feeling some anxiety creeping in. I was able to rejoin a gym with childcare today, so I'm hopeful some light exercise will improve my mood.

I have my 6 week pp follow up on 7/5. I'm going to ask my doc for a 2 week mood check after, in case this sticks around. Lots of changes with DHs AIs coming up and such, so the anxiety makes sense but I don't want it to spiral. Insurance ends 7/31, so if I need meds I want to fill them before a new deductible starts. Email into my old therapist for some tune up sessions, too. Whew.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

He's in the swing and it's the bomb dot com.

*adds 12 more C batteries to grocery cart*

Comment

R would sleep for at least 2-3 hours/night in his. And every time I showered after D demonstrated a talent for FLIPPING OVER his bouncer when I showered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
          R would sleep for at least 2-3 hours/night in his. And every time I showered after D demonstrated a talent for FLIPPING OVER his bouncer when I showered.

Ahhh! 🤪

Got 30 min in the swing, but it started right before his witching hour(s). I'll bust it out earlier tomorrow.

So no need to be so concerned about head shape stuff?

Comment

In my experience, the head shape issues are with GOOD sleepers (since they sleep long enough to actually impact their head shape). But even so...it’s not a big deal and your sanity is worth it.

Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
              Also...my best sleeper is by far my hardest child. So...you win some, you lose some.
              Amen... if it's not one thing it's another. Parenting...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Grace

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
                He's in the swing and it's the bomb dot com.

*adds 12 more C batteries to grocery cart*

hehe omg I know I was very nervous about SIDs etc. etc. etc. Which is why it took DH and 6 weeks of sleeplessness to get me to use the swing. he ended up spending most of the night and a nap a day in it for 3 months. the struggle I had was figuring out how to swaddle but also use the safety belt. it CAN be done!
                smart idea with your Dr. appt. it really is a LOT to take in at once, even regardless of a baby. layer in your graduation and yeah sounds like a solid recipe for overwhelmed. we're here for you!

Grace

Comment

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                  Amen... if it's not one thing it's another. Parenting...

This is SO SO true. I had so many friends with great sleepers who were terrible eaters. Or completely colicky. Or refused bottles.

None of my babies has EVER skipped a meal but they’re sleep assholes (ST took R out to dinner with her people once and he ate more than all 3 of her kids combined).

Comment

I think at 6-7 weeks with DD we were definitely still in the pacing/rocking/bouncing/begging/pleading stage of things. You're normal! My DD slept pretty well in the swing, and we used it for naps and the first shift of night sleep when we were right there awake with her. We didn't use it for unattended sleep at all, but then she didn't really sleep unattended until she was about 6 months old because we were in a small apartment. We also mastered the swaddle + safety belt in the swing, and that was what got her down for the night for the first couple months. The swing and Moby wrap were totally critical for the first few months. I think my DD might have been especially dependent on motion though... 3 1/2 years later and she still hasn't stopped moving.
                    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                    X