Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

UG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katherine View Post
    . . . I am an attorney and I feel like screaming all the time.

. . . I am not the only one who goes through this as a wife and a mommy and a wage earner since DH isn't making the $$$ needed to pay loans and support 4 of us. UGH
    I know, I know--you're all thinking that I am really Katherine and you're wondering why I posting under a new name.

To clarify: no, we're different. GrayMatterWife and Katherine are DIFFERENT people.

Katherine, you're not a middle-aged redheaded Republican who's taken up poledancing lessons as a hobby, are you?

Comment

Since when is 1 chocolate kiss a sugar high?
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        Since when is 1 chocolate kiss a sugar high?
        Since the crazy-mother's child has never before been exposed to any sugar whatsoever...

I can see not loading kids up...but one kiss...what an absurd complaint!
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I'm not on board with everything Michael Pollan says, but I'm pretty convinced by his analysis about organics. I would be so irritated. If you have exacting food standards for your child, you provide the food.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Good Lord - what a wench. Maybe you should ask if she is willing to take the whole responsibility over for the class, since she so concerned, and tell you could get a class parent petition signed to endorse her.

Comment

I'm envisioning Flynn with her hands around the other mom's throat!!!!! Sometimes when someone says something equally stupid to me, I just sit there with no response at all, it makes them squirm and is fun to watch.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

ITA with everything that has been said.

However, I'll take a more macro view and also agree with the sentiment that parenting totally fries some peoples' brains. It is amazing.

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                  "Thanks. Next time I want your misplaced condescension, I'll be sure to ask for it."

Heh. I knew I liked you for a reason...

Comment

I am so going to use that quote at my school - but with the other teachers!

I was speechless last week when a mom asked that when I help her child with putting on his coat "Could I please put his right arm in first? We want to really solidify his right-handedness"

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                      I was speechless last week when a mom asked that when I help her child with putting on his coat "Could I please put his right arm in first? We want to really solidify his right-handedness"
                      Holy Monkey. How does one have time for that crap to float around in their little mind (and then out of their mouth)?

Comment

Some people do take life a bit too seriously. That said, I don't think this is a reason to tar and feather the woman. At least she's concerned with her (and other's) child. It could be worse.

I'm sure she will chill out as her kids get older. I've got a friend here that is like that and it is sad that so many people have dropped her because they think she's a food nazi. She is, but so what? She's still a good person. We all have flaws. I'd cut her some slack - but still bring in the food I thought appropriate.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
                          Holy Monkey. How does one have time for that crap to float around in their little mind (and then out of their mouth)?
                          Especially considering that I almost always put my left arm into coats first even though I'm *very* right-handed...so it obviously doesn't even correlate very strongly (if at all). Wow.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                            Especially considering that I almost always put my left arm into coats first even though I'm *very* right-handed...so it obviously doesn't even correlate very strongly (if at all). Wow.
                            Me too - I wonder why that is?
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                              If you have exacting food standards for your child, you provide the food.
                              I agree with this. And, that is exactly what I would tell another parent in a similar circumstance (in fact, I HAVE said something similar). Be polite, but firm. If this is a safety issue (such as some of the really awful peanut allergies) I think that trumps any other opinions. But, this isn't a safety issue so a parent can (and should) "opt out" their child from particular snacks if they want.

It is inappropriate for a mother to insist that all of the students in her child's school alter their diets simply because that is what she WANTS. If it was a safety issue it would be another matter.
                              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                              With fingernails that shine like justice
                              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Wow! I think I would have looked at her and said "Thank you for volunteering to provide snacks for the entire class, given your strong feelings on the issue. So I will let the other parents know. Thanks!"

Don't tell me how to parent my kids, and I won't tell you how to parent your's.
                                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                                X