Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

UG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
    Oh, I've been meaning to update this- so my BFF has had crazy health problems ever since she had her first child. Seriously, crazy weird bizarre stuff like veins and arteries crossing and making her have to wear compression hose at 43 yo. (forever, too)

So, one of the things she developed was she gets thickening of her esophagus- it develops rings and she can't swallow. (she unfortunately found this out while chewing a bite a steak. 12 hours later she was in the ER because it was still stuck). She decided to finally get allergy tested and OMG- I have no idea what she's going to eat:

Corn, Wheat and Rice
    Beef, Chicken, Pork
    Dairy, Soy

She's starting with eliminating the Dairy and the Wheat and hopefully that will help. I mean what doesn't have corn or corn products in it?

She's going to have to move to Ireland and only eat Salmon, Oatmeal and Lamb.

Jenn
    My mom recently had an allergy test and the result was she has a corn allergy. She has to read every label, when she eats at restaurants she has to ask them about certain products usually baked goods as HFCS is used as a sweetener. She has found that organic certified products don't use HFCS. She also went to an acupuncturist for several sessions, she claims it is helping. She had her first bite of corn this past week and didn't break out into hives. I don't know what to think, dh thinks it is a placebo effect. Oh well what do I know.
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I have organized my dd's next class party- our Harvest Celebration. No mention of bringing no sweets from the other parents. The Halloween party went off great, and the parents that showed up to help out gave praises and there was plenty of sugar to go around- cupcakes, and treat bags.
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Common sense actually prevailed? Say it isn't so!

J.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
          Oh, I've been meaning to update this- so my BFF has had crazy health problems ever since she had her first child. Seriously, crazy weird bizarre stuff like veins and arteries crossing and making her have to wear compression hose at 43 yo. (forever, too)

So, one of the things she developed was she gets thickening of her esophagus- it develops rings and she can't swallow. (she unfortunately found this out while chewing a bite a steak. 12 hours later she was in the ER because it was still stuck). She decided to finally get allergy tested and OMG- I have no idea what she's going to eat:

Corn, Wheat and Rice
          Beef, Chicken, Pork
          Dairy, Soy

She's starting with eliminating the Dairy and the Wheat and hopefully that will help. I mean what doesn't have corn or corn products in it?

She's going to have to move to Ireland and only eat Salmon, Oatmeal and Lamb.

Jenn
          Ever since my third and final child I was experiencing many many awful medical troubles, mostly neurological issues that require monitoring (MRI's, EEG's, constant follow up etc etc.) Anyway - on top of that I developed serious, life threatening allergies.

Terrible

I am not sure what happened, but I feel for your friend. Going through all that really stinks!

Comment

Working...
          X