Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gymnastics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two oldest have ADHD. Both were competitive gymnastics when younger. It was so helpful to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Needs

Comment

She was officially invited to join Pre-Team 2. We'll accept and do it over the summer, and if she likes it and wants to continue with a team, unless the time changes for this year, we'll likely switch to another gym that still has a competitive team but has more time options.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Awesome, go E!

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

We're switching gyms in a couple of weeks, moving to gym L. It's a little further away from us (~25 mins), but they have a great team program and later time options because it's in the same county as E's school. Our current gym is in the same county as metro schools, and their elementary schools release at 2:50 - new gym is in our county, where elementary schools release at 3:50. We did an evaluation on Monday, and she tested into the mid-level Preteam (2nd of 3), and they have class either T/Th 4:15-5:55 or M/W 6-7:40. I hate that we'll be there later, and I don't want to give up my Wednesdays (we had planned to start going to church), but the coach didn't think she'd be in this one long before she moves up to the 3rd level, which is T/Th 6-8. With school not starting later, the kids can stay up a bit later and sleep a bit later too, so I think this will work out well.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Awesome! I’m still agonizing about where to send D in the fall. At the closer gym, she’s testing into a group that meets T night and Sat AM - those times/days directly conflict with soccer.

At the further gym, she wouldn’t do the pre-team but it’s definitely not as good a program.

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
              Awesome! I’m still agonizing about where to send D in the fall. At the closer gym, she’s testing into a group that meets T night and Sat AM - those times/days directly conflict with soccer.

At the further gym, she wouldn’t do the pre-team but it’s definitely not as good a program.

Why is it always so complicated? E keeps asking when dance starts. I haven't enrolled her because I'm tired of chauffeuring kids around. And at some point we should probably enroll C in something, but I don't know what to do with him, and again, I'm tired of always going places. And he generally hates doing things. He keeps asking to go back to swim class, so that's an option, although I feel like if he goes E will want to go too, but at least it would be at the same time? Or do I try to force him to try something new like gymnastics or a sports class and hope that he warms up to it like he eventually did with swimming? I don't know. He does have extracurriculars that he does at daycare.

Comment

Piggybacking on this... I’m struggling with what to do with my younger kiddo, too. DS2 is 4 (almost 5), and his brother had been doing plenty of activities at this point. But DS2 doesn’t want to do any of the things I’ve suggested, and I don’t really want to drive us to yet another after school activity if he’s not going to be into it anyway. Of course I feel guilty for not giving him the same opportunities as his older brother. 🤷🏼*♀️

Comment

Working...
                X