Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dishwasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our last KitchenAid was well over 15 years old when we threw in the towel on it. After a lot of research we decided to go ahead and go with the Consumer Reports #1 rated KitchenAid model (KDTM354DSS). Even though I found a sale and a rebate through a local retailer (not a big box), it was a splurge -- but I have to say we've been very pleased. Our glassware has never been so sparkly and it's wild to have the plastics actually come out dry at the end of the cycle. I feel guilty about the energy used on heated dry, but it really seems to prevent all kinds of buildup inside the machine. Plus the new one is super quiet and has a self-cleaning filter.
    Alison

Comment

Dishwasher

Ours is 14 years old. It still works good enough despite the rusted areas on the racks and needing to replace a wheel. All of our appliances are that old. We replaced the fridge already and I think the stove is next the. The dishwasher. I'm going to hold out as long as I can though.

I'm sure I'll be coming to this thread when the time comes.
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

We put in a Maytag a year or two ago and it does a good job. Very quiet. My in-laws got a Kitchen Aid recently and like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

We actually just got a Bosch, and I really like it. Although, it's the first dishwasher I've ever had that wasn't really loud and a million years old, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. It took a little while to get used to, and there are a few annoying things about it and how I have to arrange some of the dishes, but mostly it's been great. We also got it on a Memorial Day sale, I think, and all Bosch dishwashers got free installation, so that was part of our decision.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

It is really quiet--I'll give it that
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We just got a Bosch and I love it. All the appliance repairmen recommended Bosch. They said other than Bosch, Miele.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I will miss my Miele when we move, I LOve It!
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Those of you with awesome Miele and Bosh dishwashers will you post the model numbers/names?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

We recently got the Bosch SHPM78W55N/01 and are happy with it. Super quiet, third rack, moveable middle rack, hidden control panel.

We also have never previously had one that wasn't builder-grade, though.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Shx88pw55n
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

My Miele is G5675SCVI
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thank you! I'm taking notes.

Comment

Working...
                          X