Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Radwife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radwife

Best of luck on your first marathon! We are all pulling for you! Don't forget the three rules of novice distance races:

1) Start slowly and pace yourself
    2) Start slowly and pace yourself
    3) Start slowly and pace yourself.

I hope that you have a gorgeous day and that you feel all the love of the spectators. The Twin Cities Marathon course is gorgeous! Go out and get 'em girl!

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Wow! A marathon
    That's awesome!
    GOODLUCK!
    Can't wait to hear how it goes. My entire family are marathon runners... minus me! I can't even imagine!

Comment

Thanks so much! I'm soooooo nervous. I tweaked my hamstring 2 weeks ago and have been on a very heavy taper since. I've been icing, stretching, resting, and hydrating all week! The weather forecast says partly sunny and high 50s/low 60s on Sunday -- I hope that holds true. It's raining right now.

I just want to finish! I wish Sunday would hurry up and get here!

Comment

Good luck, good luck, good luck!! You'll do great!!
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Yay, enjoy! I second Kelly's advice, my dad calls it "winning the slow race". (I've only ever done a half marathon distance, but that was my mantra, "win the slow-race!")
          Alison

Comment

I'm sorry if I missed it, but what marathon are you running? Dh is running the PDX marathon this Sunday too.
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Wow - good luck!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

It's the Twin Cities Marathon. I decided to sign up since DH and I just moved here for residency and we didn't know anyone and he was going to be working a lot. Exploring a new city by foot is a good way to go!

I'm picking up my race packet today! My stomach is in knots!

I'm praying that I can finish in time! I'm not fast at all and they put a 6 hr time limit. I'm a run/walk gal. I run for 8mins then walk for 2mins. I live by my watch in 10 minute increments. Hopefully slow and steady finishes the race!

Comment

Race day magic is going to kick in. Seriously, you will finish. I think the statistic is that 98+ percent of people who stand at the starting line end up finish line. (They shoot the rest...totally kidding but this should convince you that unless you drop out, you're gonna rock this thing).

What's your game plan? Are you running with a group, using your IPOD, having DH meet you at certain points, using a pacer, taking snacks?

You should write your name on your shirt, it is a huge motivator to hear people cheer for you.

Let us know the details so we can vicariously live through you!

Kelly

Comment

I just picked up my race packet! They gave us super cute Twin Cities Marathon socks in our packets. I also scored a ton of free goodies at the Expo. I'm going to be bouncing off the walls for the rest of the day at work with all the free gus, gels, and blocks I tried.

The weather is still saying no rain with an 8am temp of about 45 degrees and warming up to around 58. I'm going to be wearing some knee length running leggings and a long sleeve shirt. I'm bringing my ipod with me and already have created my 6hr marathon playlist which kicks off with Eye of The Tiger! I'm also taking some gels with me and plan to take one every hour. DH is going to be my cheering squad. He is going to ride his bike to a couple of spots to cheer me on then pick me up at the end. I'm so thankful he's on his radiology rotation because he's been in a really good mood, super supportive this week while I've been freaking out and doesn't have to work on Sunday. I've joined the corporate race team from work, so I'll have some friends by me at the starting line but I'll be running solo because of my unusual pacing strategy. My racing mantra is going to be "yes you can!" Every time that little head in my voice starts to doubt, I'm hoping to crush it with a big YES YOU CAN!

Thanks so much everyone for you good luck wishes! This is helping me feel more excitement than panic!

Comment

Good luck!!!!
                      Kris

Comment

Best of luck! You're going to do great

Comment

It's race day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck! Can't wait to hear your race report!
                            Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Yes, the race starts in five minutes! Send our MSN mojo to the Great North!

Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X