Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm sugar's bitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I signed up for loseit.com today also. I don't want to give out my user name since it is really my first and last name, but if you PM me, I would love to have some motivators/buddies.

I told it that I needed to lose 20 lbs, and it claims that I can do so by April 8th (1.5 lbs/week)??! I don't really think losing that amount of weight in three months is healthy, but I have it set on that right now so I can get into cruisewear in about 6 weeks. Here's to hoping! Oh, and not being carbs/cheese's bitch anymore.
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Three days in and I can't stop thinking about sugar. My oldest is CRANKY about the whole damn thing. Yep, the long winter looms ahead.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hang in there. Being stuck inside lots due to the weather makes O & I both grumpy. If you need motivation to kick sugar I suggest you watch Killer At Large & Food Matters. Both docs you can stream instantly from netflix. Food Matters is a bit fanatical but it certainly helped me!
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I joined too. Can't figure out how to set a username. Guess you can find me by my email addy.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I've blown it up to today...at least the blowouts were smaller that usual! I want sugar SO BAD today!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Hang in there Marissa - it will pass.
              Kris

Comment

Today was the first day I have looked for sugar in about a week. So I baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I'm telling myself it's for the milk.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Back at it again. Attempting to give it up for a month. It might be a good idea to lose the baby weight BEFORE I get pregnant again...(no not pregnant and not planning anytime soon but there is pre-baby weight that needs to go too)
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

After nearly 2.5 weeks of not eating much at all my desire for sugar has been completely reset. On Saturday, I was at a party and had just a taste of frosting off a cake and it was so sweet that it make me queasy.

So, ya know, a huge bout of GI upset that lasted weeks is doing wonders for my goals. I am now within 3 pounds of my mid-level goal and and 8 pounds of my ultimate goal.
                    Kris

Comment

K, that's what happened to me when I couldn't swallow for weeks. My cravings for sweets, bread and coffee were gone!
                      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Haha I'll hope for some progress without the suckiness both of you endured!

Comment

I'm also taking a complete break from sugar. It is the devil. I've realized my little angels are becoming sugar addicts, so I'm using the time that they are away to revamp completely what they are eating. We don't keep cookies, etc in the house, but they are still always asking for them.

Comment

So, this is another old thread... how are you all doing with this sugar thing?

I definitely have a severe sugar addiction, and I've been working for years to get it under control. A few times, I was able to give up sugar for a week or two at a time. Then in 2010, I had a bad health scare, and went completely cold turkey and had no sugar for SEVEN MONTHS. And not just no cookies and brownies - if a bread, spaghetti sauce, etc. listed any form of sugar in its ingredients, I wouldn't eat it. I noticed that my sugar cravings decreased a LOT, but never totally went away. Now, I do eat sugar occasionally, but never high fructose corn syrup. I've tried every alternative sweetener under the sun - stevia, agave, honey, xylitol, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, molasses, etc. - but there were problems (for me) with each of them. What I finally discovered as my nearly-perfect sweetener is coconut sugar. It looks and tastes just like brown sugar, but it's dried coconut palm nectar! It's low on the glycemic index and it's even full of vitamins and minerals and iron. I love it. It's also the only alternative sweetener my SO will use - she hated all the agave, xylitol, stevia stuff. She thinks coconut sugar tastes just like sugar, too...so now it's what we bake with, put in yogurt, tea, oatmeal, etc.

Comment

Oooooh! I've never heard of coconut sugar, I'm intrigued!

Comment

That sounds delicious! I've never heard of it either -- where do you purchase it?
                                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Working...
                                X