Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once I am done with my trip, I will ease up a bit. I need to be able to fit into the damn dress pants. So, 3 more weeks of deprivation, then all bets are off when I am there.
    Kris

Comment

• I think I might be getting a bit obsessed...I think I may be shooting for an ideal that isn't attainable.... . But I am getting stronger and more cardiovascularly fit...I can keep up with the instructors and I'm surpassing others in the classes. I feel stronger.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• I did five minutes of a Tracey Anderson workout on youtube and stopped. Then I ate chocolate cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
          I did five minutes of a Tracey Anderson workout on youtube and stopped. Then I ate chocolate cake.
          I love you.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• Ha! LOL

I have yet to jump back on the official dieting wagon. I'm eating reasonably well, I think. And I'm exercising a lot. I just can't go back in to "diet" mode these days with our summer schedule so unpredictable. Clearly, I need boredom to diet well.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I have a toddler you can watch
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I fell off the wagon again. I've been on like one run this month. DH kills me - he went from board studying and sitting in class to working in the hospital and being on his feet all day, and he dropped 10 lbs. In less than 2 months. Fucking men. I did some yoga this morning before work though.
                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                  I fell off the wagon again. I've been on like one run this month. DH kills me - he went from board studying and sitting in class to working in the hospital and being on his feet all day, and he dropped 10 lbs. In less than 2 months. Fucking men. I did some yoga this morning before work though.
                  I'm with you...I'm off the wagon -- hopefully I can haul my ass back on Monday! At least you made it to yoga...I skipped both days I said I was going to go.

I hate men and their metabolisms!

Comment

• I read an article recently about men and women and weight loss. There was a couple in it that were dieting together. Started at the same time. He'd lost nearly 100 lbs. She'd lost 15. It's a miracle he's alive. Can you imagine the frustration??

It seems harder to be healthy in the summer. Can't imagine why. I'm hoping fall hits and I get a bit more regimented.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

• LSW keep looking for spin instructors. The first two I tried were way too hard! Then I found one who gives me a great workout but can easily be tailored down for days I just want to go through the motions. If I didn't find her I'd have quit spin.

Some spin teachers just have you pedal fast and keep cranking up the resistance. That's fine for some people but I can't just stand up and pedal fast for an hour. Not only am I not in shape enough for that, it's f'in boring. The teacher I love does more of an interval style class. And there's a lot of movement between positions and speeds and resistance. And I can push myself as much as I want to.
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• I've left more than one group class (aerobics and kickboxing) where the instructor gave no cues or attempted to help out newbies. Not worth it.

I cried after the first one and quit the gym after the second (different gym I had just joined for the group classes only and this class made me realize I wouldn't really be able to use it)
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                          I've left more than one group class (aerobics and kickboxing) where the instructor gave no cues or attempted to help out newbies. Not worth it.

I cried after the first one and quit the gym after the second (different gym I had just joined for the group classes only and this class made me realize I wouldn't really be able to use it)
                          I hate it that this happens. When it happens to me, I want to scream YOU ARE NOT AN INSTRUCTOR - instructors INSTRUCT...if you are going to get up there and only show me what YOU can do that makes you a PERFORMER!!

okay off my soapbox.
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• LSW, good for you. Fuck that, you don't need that bullshit, especially when all you want to do is get a damn workout in and leave. I hope you find a great place with a good supportive community.

Comment

• I had trouble finding a good place to workout when we moved here. It was traumatic. Not sure why - but with body confidence issues being so emotional for women maybe having "new kid" stuff thrown at you at the same time is extra awful? I ended up working out at home - or not at all - for our first few years here. I figure you'll be more resilient!!!

Mean girls suck. Realize that THEY'D never have the confidence to move at all. They need to stay close to their 5 regular classmates and regular routine.
                              Angie

Comment

• Ridiculous! But I'm glad you found a good deal on the machine. I'd definitely post a review of the gym on Yelp and Angie's List if you have it.
                                Laurie
                                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                                X