Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome for no foot pain!!!

1h yoga class today.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
      After my first workout with the minimalist shoes, I'm a complete convert. First time I've EVER had zero foot pain during a work out, and that includes when I was far younger and in excellent shape.
      YAY!!!! Excellent news.

Comment

• Cool. I'll keep them in mind. I have neuromas too. They suck. I had one taken out a couple years ago but it still acts up. Orthotics help some but don't fit in all shoes.
        Needs

Comment

• I think part of my issue is my high arches throw off the correct biomechanics of my feet. The shoes that I found have decent arch support (more than most typical athletic shoes) and then I also wear my ankle braces. The braces also support my arches, so my feet function correctly. The shoes are also SUPERA FLEXIBLE, so I get a good range of motion.

Comment

• i hate setbacks. Trying to look forward and keep moving.
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• Originally posted by moonlight View Post
              i hate setbacks. Trying to look forward and keep moving.
              Seriously, those are the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                Seriously, those are the worst.
                thanks... I'm lots of water today hoping its a couple pounds of water weight and i can flush it out. Gawd knows I had plenty of salty foods this weekend!

Comment

• Anyone up to helping create an imsn 1 week bootcamp of sorts? I was looking into joining an actual bootcamp here but got sticker shock. I thought maybe we could make one up here that we do at home.. .and then check in with each other?
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• Quickstart weight loss- norovirus!
                    Needs

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoebe View Post
                      Quickstart weight loss- norovirus!
                      Ugh! Oh no!
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• So tired but I made it to the gym this morning. Glad I did it. 1lb back down. Good start I think.

I think its time to let go of the weight loss stress for the upcoming wedding I'm going to be in. No one cares but me, and this is stupid to get myself this worked up over it. Like the bride's sister told me "SHE'S (the bride) is the one that needs to look good, not ME."

Comment

• Waited in line for a half hour on Saturday morning (with shoes and a sweatshirt on)to weigh in only to find that I gained (last time I weighed in before lunch, so I thought if I wore shoes and a sweatshirt that would be similar to eating breakfast and drinking water?); so I reweighed without the shoes (but kept the sweatshirt) and weighed the same as last week.... I don't think I gained, but my scale at home is so inaccurate! I went to the gym on Sunday.... hoping to go again on Wednesday.
                          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

• And I made it to the gym! Thank you second trimester.

Comment

• How did Dukan work for you and Luanne? I was all in to trying it - but then stopped hearing anything.... so I wondered...
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                                And I made it to the gym! Thank you second trimester.
                                Yay!! That's good. I know you are so happy to move again.

Little update. I really had to get out of my own head with all the stress. Listened to a really good podcast on telling myself to be ok with eating less, being slightly hungry at times, and accepting this as a new normal in order to be where I want to be- Healthy! Doesn't feel as much like a punishment rather than a reward of sorts. I weighed today and was 3lbs down from the day before. Mind over matter? Maybe! I'm just glad to have the weight off even if it was water weight from the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X