Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm up 3....

Comment

• I'm still up three from the beginning of November but I'm almost done getting off the holiday weight (I was on vacation last week so I gained a few pounds but they've almost all come off this week)

Comment

• This might be a bit of a rant. We're vacationing with in laws this week. Whereas most vacations we're outside hiking and seeing new things my in laws are so obsessed with identifying birds it takes 3x as long to do anything. I tracked calories the first 2 days but havent the last 3. I feel like a whale. Hopefully will stay sunny so i can go out for a long hike today. My goal? Not gain more weight this week.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
          I'm still up three from the beginning of November but I'm almost done getting off the holiday weight (I was on vacation last week so I gained a few pounds but they've almost all come off this week)
          Your steps are absurd. I don't understand how you could have gained walking 38K steps a day! That's so unfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
            Your steps are absurd. I don't understand how you could have gained walking 38K steps a day! That's so unfair.
            On vacation, I basically walk from one food stand to the next...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
              On vacation, I basically walk from one food stand to the next...
              HA!!!!!! Well I guess that explains it!

Comment

• I was so impressed though. Up is always telling me I'm in the top 10-20% of movers for a given week. I've decided you have to like one if the top 5 people!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                  I was so impressed though. Up is always telling me I'm in the top 10-20% of movers for a given week. I've decided you have to like one if the top 5 people!
                  Meh, that's only on vacation though...regular days I normally just hit my 10k walking to and from work. Weekends I'm slightly better (unless the weather sucks like it's supposed to this weekend).

Honestly, I usually never gain on vacation but we ended up having two days of travel due to delays (so 14 hours on planes and many more waiting at the gates (eating chocolate and not moving)) which resulted in a little gain. It comes off quick though! It's the normal weight that refuses to budge! I need to get back on a normal workout routine!

I'm always so impressed with your multiple workouts on top of rockstar steps...I wish I had your motivation!

Comment

• Fitness/Weightloss 2014

Oh I eat those calories away super fast - no worries! I'm really just bored. My job isn't very interesting and all my friends here are really busy with kids - so I just try to pack my down time with workouts. Otherwise I just watch TV and eat!!

I really need to remind myself that I wouldn't have to workout so much if I just stopped shoving so much food in my mouth! But this month I also did an unlimited pure barre membership - I always force myself to go almost every day when I buy those unlimited passes. But I don't get any steps, so it forces me to do something else since I don't movE much at all working at home. And being a lawyer involves so much sitting!! I wish I had thought about that before law school.

Plus when i spin I hook the UP to my shoe - so I'm not getting 10K steps AND going to spin class. I can't wait until it's sort of nice out so that I can walk everywhere again.
                    Last edited by JDAZ11; 02-27-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Wow. I
                      Must be one of the bottom movers. Ever. Granted, I haven't worn my fitbit for the last three days cause what's the point of recording less than 100 steps.

Being sick blows. On my most active days, I've had to
                      Push to crack 10k steps. Hangs head in shame.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• when you're sick, there is no way to get close to 10K. Don't feel badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                          Wow. I
                          Must be one of the bottom movers. Ever. Granted, I haven't worn my fitbit for the last three days cause what's the point of recording less than 100 steps.

I generally think of myself as a moderately active person, and I have to push to crack 10k. It's harder than it sounds! My dad does a brisk 5 mile walk every day religiously (except last week when he had his stents placed, he was off his feet for two days and then I think my mom made him cut back to 3-4 miles for a while) and has never gone above 20k.
                          Alison

Comment

• Yeah, well, getting close to 10K steps when I'm not sick is a feat in and of itself. 3 times in two months.
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                              Wow. I

I'm not sick, and my UP app admonished me that I spend 4.5 hours straight on Sunday without moving. I was on the couch, in my jammies, watching TV and knitting and feeding my face and browsing the web. No excuse, just...couldn't even do laundry on Sunday, like I usually do. *sigh*
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• I usually do hit 10K, but most days it's really a struggle. I only hit it easily when it's nice out and I'm outside walking around.

Getting to 10K in the gym sucks (I hate treadmills). It takes me like 45min on an elliptical or an hour spin class. It's hard to keep up every day. I do love the teams though. I hate hate hate when my sister's BFs beat me. It's been very motivating, but I think I neglect cross training more now, and I don't think that it's great for my weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X