Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do ashtanga once a week - some crazy poses in that sequence. It's my shoulders and the back of my neck so I'm not sure it would be easy to foam roller. I keep thinking with this much soreness I should have killer arms. Wonder when that will happen.

Angie
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lF58M-25CoM
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Massage balls are great too (esp behind the shoulder blades)

Comment

• Thanks!

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I got on the bike today for the first time in probably a year! Man am I out of shape. My quads were burning on the first hill and I could only make myself go for 30 minutes. But it felt good to be back on the bike and I might try it again this week!
            Alison

Comment

• I did the big jump in couch to 5k today--where you jump from intervals to 20 min straight. And I rocked it! Ive done this program multiple times and it's always been hard. Today I did it pushing 70 lbs of stroller and toddler! Boom!
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• whoa! good for both of you SD for getting out on the bike and ST for the running! i think i quit somewhere around that point in the couch to 5k. after about 10 min of running im ready to say fuck it all im going to get ice cream.

my front: back at the gym! ive thrown my fatass back on the treadmill and have been doing at least 30 min cardio, abs, plus some strength each day. i seem to oscillate, when im not working out much i do well eating within range, when im working out a lot i just want to eat everything. hopefully this week (and for the rest of the year) ill be able to conquer best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Way to go, ladies!
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• I did it! Twice in a week...this time I did 10.9 miles in 46 minutes and with no small amount of climbing. W00t!
                    Alison

Comment

• wow, that's awesome! What kind of bike do you ride?

Comment

• Carbon fiber road bike. And a road saddle, which whoo-EE does it take getting used to putting the ol' sit bones through their paces more than once in a blue moon!
                        Alison

Comment

• Bad eating day today. Stressful children day today. Haven't exercised today. Just want to eat more.
                          Jen

Comment

• Hugs Jen

Comment

• Fitness/Weightloss 2014

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                              Bad eating day today. Stressful children day today. Haven't exercised today. Just want to eat more.
                              I hate those days (the ones where you just want to eat everything -- I don't have the kiddos but I'm sure that doesn't help)! Hang in there, sometimes we just need those days (I had one Sunday right after I had a cheat day on Saturday...entire jar of cookie butter ::hangs head in shame:: ). But honestly, I think those occasional slip-up days keep us sane!

Comment

• Holy cow. I knew I'd be doing some walking while being a tourist, but man. My jawbone up says well over 30K steps in the last 48 hours. Sometime yesterday afternoon, my feet started hurting. I changed shoes (from my danskos to my avia sneakers), and it was better for a bit, but then got painful again. Today, I was in pain all day, but forced myself to keep going because there was stuff I really wanted to see! I walked slow, and it didn't get any worse, it was just constantly painful. It feels like the whole bottoms of my feet are one big bruise, like there's just no padding left. Tomorrow will be most of the day on the train, so they'll get a rest, then we'll probably be walking a lot all weekend. Please tell me this will get better and I won't be in pain and holding everybody up for the whole next week?
                                Sandy
                                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                                X