Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyglide on the body of my feet has always seemed to help
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Prop your feel up when you can...usually mine feel better overnight when I get that bruised feeling if I elevate them in the evening. Baths and foot massages help too!

Comment

• Ice? I'm not sure where you are, and I always have the worst time finding ice on vacation... But if it feels bruised, and it just happened, I'd try to ice. (30min on, 30min off - I think ).

Comment

• Ditto elevating, foot bath and massages. Even in the most comfortable shoes, walking that much is killer

Comment

• Yeah, there's no ice to be found here, one of the few things I dislike about Europe! (we're on the train between Vienna and Zurich right now). Thanks for all the suggestions. I did soak my feet in cold water in the tub and gave them a bit of a rub and kept them elevated. I think changing up shoes is helping a bit, too. I'm back in my Danskos today, and they're a little sore, but not painful. Able to walk without thinking about my feet every step, yay! Hopefully I'll be ok from here on out.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Good luck Sandy! Hope you're having an amazing time despite the feet acting up!

Comment

• Today was my monthly measurement day. I'm down 8.5# with 7.4 more to go. I've lost 3 inches in my waist and 1.5 in my hips, but not a damn thing on the thunder thighs. I do feel healthier and have had people notice that I've lost weight (I didn't measure how fat my face was before ). I am running low on clothes that fit right because all of my smaller stuff was for work. How'd everyone else doing?
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                  Today was my monthly measurement day. I'm down 8.5# with 7.4 more to go. I've lost 3 inches in my waist and 1.5 in my hips, but not a damn thing on the thunder thighs. I do feel healthier and have had people notice that I've lost weight (I didn't measure how fat my face was before ). I am running low on clothes that fit right because all of my smaller stuff was for work. How'd everyone else doing?
                  Nicely done! Congrats!

I was down to 145 before I left on vacation but I am up 4lbs from eating all the foods while in CA (not ideal but not as bad as it could have been). I'm hoping it'll shed by next week. As of right now I have 14lbs to lose before I hit my next goal weight. I am back to eating healthy 6 days a week, cardio every weekday morning and yoga 2-3 times a week...

Comment

• That's awesome!!!

Not me. I don't know for sure, but I feel like I've gained a bunch lately. Not sure I'm ready to really count calories seriously again, but going to attempt for a few days to try and get things back under control.... Blah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                      Nicely done! Congrats! I was down to 145 before I left on vacation but I am up 4lbs from eating all the foods while in CA (not ideal but not as bad as it could have been). I'm hoping it'll shed by next week. As of right now I have 14lbs to lose before I hit my next goal weight. I am back to eating healthy 6 days a week, cardio every weekday morning and yoga 2-3 times a week...
                      You are gorgeous, seriously! And Jen, go you!

Comment

• I'm making a little better food choices and I'm super active with walking and gardening in this gorgeous weather, so I'm feeling good. Haven't been back on the bike.
                        Alison

Comment

• Fitness/Weightloss 2014

I've lost 11.6 thus far. Slow & steady. I need to work in more exercise though.
                          Last edited by scrub-jay; 05-13-2014, 08:27 AM.
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Ugh, I keep losing and regaining the same 3 lbs. Story of my life.

But the running is going well
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                              Ugh, I keep losing and regaining the same 3 lbs. Story of my life.

But the running is going well
                              Hey we're twins. Except the whole running thing. I've been losing and regaining the same 5 lbs since February. Have been hitting it hard at the gym the last 2 weeks but calories consumed are always the issue here.

Comment

• Way to go, all!

I'm down 3.5 pounds. It been painful and I'm pretty sure most of the loss was from my boobs, so yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X