Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

30 Day Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babies happen! Tomorrow is a new day.
    Alison

Comment

. Thanks. I'm on the elliptical now for part one of my doubleheader. The plan is to do 30 minutes. DH is on baby duty. Let's hope Nugget isn't crying in his bassinet with a blowout when I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still on elliptical. Nugget is crying. I'm almost salivating to see how DH handles this. Crying louder now...

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
          Still on elliptical. Nugget is crying. I'm almost salivating to see how DH handles this. Crying louder now...
          I hope you got your workout in before the good dawkter cried uncle!

I did some errands on foot today but I'm only up to 21 minutes. I'll have to run around the yard or take the kids to the beach or something. Kris, have you been out yet? Looks like you have good walking weather!

Edit: We hit the beach before dinner and I eked out my last 9 minutes. Whoo! And I felt good about my diet choices today.
          Last edited by spotty_dog; 09-13-2014, 08:08 PM.
          Alison

Comment

Bah, we hiked for nearly an hour today but the kids were being poky so we stopped and started the whole time, and I only got 14 active minutes. I've told them we'll be walking this afternoon to make up the difference...maybe I'll be brave and take them out on their bikes.

I know weekends are tough for getting out! How's it going, guys?
            Alison

Comment

Hiking is great exercise, even at a snails pace!!

I still have yet to do my activity for today. The plan is to go for a walk after dinner once the weather cools off some.

Comment

I'm in! I actually went on a nice long hike last Monday but forgot my fitbit. Gah! Then dh and I immediately came down with one of our worst colds ever. Yeesh. Saddling up for tomorrow!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to have you BonBon!!

On the elliptical now for day 4. I'm thinking 20 minutes today. Thank goodness for this thread though. I definitely wouldn't punked out today if not for it. The current torrential downpour foiled my plans for an outdoor walk.

Comment

On the elliptical now for day 4. I'm thinking 20 minutes today. Thank goodness for this thread though. I definitely wouldn't punked out today if not for it. The current torrential downpour foiled my plans for an outdoor walk.

Awesome work on the persistence!!! Keep it up!

Comment

Yes, thank goodness for this thread! I was thisclose to just bagging my walk for this afternoon, but I knew I wanted to be able to log a full week of hitting my goal. So I took the kids and their bikes out on a paved walking trail so they could ride ahead and I could walk consistently and briskly. Nailed my goal and took the edge off the kids' sillies. Win-win!
                      Alison

Comment

Day 5 walk complete. Weekdays are proving to be far easier than weekends!

Comment

Sadly, today is day 1 for me. We had a couple of days of rain, a party, a weekend with kids home, excuse, excuse. Today everyone heads back to school and when it's quiet I will walk!
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                            Sadly, today is day 1 for me. We had a couple of days of rain, a party, a weekend with kids home, excuse, excuse. Today everyone heads back to school and when it's quiet I will walk!
                            30 days is 30 days no matter when it starts!

Comment

I'm joining late. I normally get my exercise running or walking/hiking. Well, all of those activities are STILL uncomfortable due to my freaking broken toe. I'm having a tough time finding alternative activities and am hoping this challenge will give me a kick in the butt.

Anyway, I started yesterday with an hour long Tracy Anderson video. So, so boring but I got it done. I plan to do the same today.

Comment

Go team iMSN! I'm so sorry about your toe, Bittersweet. A million years ago when I trained for my first (and it turns out, only) real run, I injured my ankle right as I was getting into a groove and getting hooked on "runners' high." Oh, did it suck to have to take it easier, and downgrade from the full to the half marathon, and just generally to be having pain from something that had been giving me such joy before. :\

Anyway I got my walk in a little early today too, despite the headcold I've got coming on. The cove was glassy smooth and I only saw one deer.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X