Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

30 Day Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo, we're growing in numbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can I jump in late too? Might not be a 30-day challenge, but hey, I'm here! I mowed both lawns today in a hurry (running) to avoid an imminent rain storm. Took about an hour and 10 or so.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
        Can I jump in late too? Might not be a 30-day challenge, but hey, I'm here! I mowed both lawns today in a hurry (running) to avoid an imminent rain storm. Took about an hour and 10 or so.
        Definitely! I think we are all on different days so you can just count this as your day 1. I will challenge myself to go until everybody who joins has finished their 30.

Comment

Day 1. Fully intended to go the whole 4.5 mile hike but 8 minutes in I really had to pee. *eyeroll* In spite of only having 6 oz of fluid to avoid that problem. I made it 23 minutes in and then I had to turn around. I couldn't bring myself to squat against a tree.

So...47 minutes. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
            Day 1. Fully intended to go the whole 4.5 mile hike but 8 minutes in I really had to pee. *eyeroll* In spite of only having 6 oz of fluid to avoid that problem. I made it 23 minutes in and then I had to turn around. I couldn't bring myself to squat against a tree.

So...47 minutes. Not bad.
            Look at those steps! Go you! And holy moly scrub-jay on the hour of mowing, I have only done my lawn a few times but it seriously works up a sweat. There's no high five smilie, so
            Alison

Comment

Count me in! I packed on some pounds this summer and need to shed them. Today will be my day one. DD's soccer coach had us parents scrimmage with the kids tonight. I got a little over an hour in tonight and worked up quite a sweat. I figure the kids having soccer 5 days a week, I can walk during their practices and hit the elliptical the other 2 days of the week.
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                Count me in! I packed on some pounds this summer and need to shed them. Today will be my day one. DD's soccer coach had us parents scrimmage with the kids tonight. I got a little over an hour in tonight and worked up quite a sweat. I figure the kids having soccer 5 days a week, I can walk during their practices and hit the elliptical the other 2 days of the week.
                Fun! I bet the kids loved having their parents in on the practice!

Comment

Day 6 elliptical in progress!

Comment

Day 2 - 15 minutes walk/jog on the treadmill. I surprised myself with my ability to jog for much longer than I expected. Still, I'm starting slow to avoid injury.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Walked during soccer, squeaked out 32 "active" minutes despite a few boy meltdowns and a rotten headcold.
                      Alison

Comment

Great job, all! Did yet another Tracy Anderson video, blah.

Comment

DD's soccer practice for cancelled due to rain and fields being closed. In the past this would typically be my excuse to bag my exercise plans, but thankfully, I resisted my urges to bail out. I forced myself to get on the elliptical tonight while watching TV and even took it a step further and did some weight lifting afterwards. Total workout time tonight: 50 minutes! Day 2 completed!

Comment

DD's soccer practice for cancelled due to rain and fields being closed. In the past this would typically be my excuse to bag my exercise plans, but thankfully, I resisted my urges to bail out. I forced myself to get on the elliptical tonight while watching TV and even took it a step further and did some weight lifting afterwards. Total workout time tonight: 50 minutes! Day 2 completed!
                            There ya go!!

Comment

Day three completed! We were expecting flash flooding all day so all the soccer fields were closed and practices cancelled. Rain never really came consistently, so DH and I played a lil tennis and I jogged a half mile on the track. Came home COMPLETELY exhausted, but once again I'm glad I stuck to the plan when I normally would've flaked out considering the circumstances.

Comment

Day three completed! We were expecting flash flooding all day so all the soccer fields were closed and practices cancelled. Rain never really came consistently, so DH and I played a lil tennis and I jogged a half mile on the track. Came home COMPLETELY exhausted, but once again I'm glad I stuck to the plan when I normally would've flaked out considering the circumstances.
                                WTG! I wish I could say the same, but yesterday completely escaped me. I'm back at it today though. Walk complete.

Comment

Working...
                                X