Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

30 Day Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
    WTG! I wish I could say the same, but yesterday completely escaped me. I'm back at it today though. Walk complete.
    Yay for both of you! Yesterday I did a massive grocery shop that netted me 8 minutes, then went mushroom foraging with DH and got another ~30, then the family walked to dinner and home again and I picked up another 20-something. Today I walked during soccer, so I'm still on a roll...
    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
      Yay for both of you! Yesterday I did a massive grocery shop that netted me 8 minutes, then went mushroom foraging with DH and got another ~30, then the family walked to dinner and home again and I picked up another 20-something. Today I walked during soccer, so I'm still on a roll...
      Wow, you're doing awesome! And I love that you have a built in activity time count on your fitbit. Too cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30 Day Challenge

Way to go everyone! Day 4 is in the books for me and DH. I wanted so badly to crap out since soccer practice was cancelled again tonight, but I forced my ass on the elliptical again and got the 30 minutes done. Once again, this challenge is the only reason I mustered up the motivation to stay on track.
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Day 8 - Got our walk done despite dragging butt this morning. It was a long night. Lol

Comment

Wow, you're doing awesome! And I love that you have a built in activity time count on your fitbit. Too cool!
            Yeah, it's pretty sweet. This way my goals have two sides to the coin: 10,000 steps per day, which encourages me to get off my butt throughout the day. Plus 30 "very active" minutes, which are measured by how quickly you're stepping, and the level is set so that my heart rate increases a bit and I sometimes work up a bit of a sweat at that level. So that's the heart-healthy 20-30 minutes per day of moderate exercise that the CDC wants us all to get daily. I find that as long as I get my 30 minutes I don't usually have to worry about my 10k because I've already gotten in the habit of moving around enough to get the rest of my steps during the day.
            Alison

Comment

I'm strongly debating asking Santa for one for Christmas. And I intend to switch my walks to jogs once baby is old enough to safely be in the jogger.

Comment

I suck and haven't gotten off my ass.

The fitbit is a cool little toy. I've heard some awesome things about the Jawbone too. I'd check that out as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I completed day 5 today! 35 minutes doing elliptical intervals. Glad to have it out of the way early today instead of putting off until nighttime when I'm exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                    I suck and haven't gotten off my ass.

The fitbit is a cool little toy. I've heard some awesome things about the Jawbone too. I'd check that out as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                    I started doing a little but of comparison, but that made me too eager for one so I had to hold off. I'll revisit it in a month or two.

Comment

Went for my walk this morning while DH and DD were out car shopping. Even with a light drizzle it was pleasant and I hit some hills to work up a sweat!
                      Alison

Comment

Argh. My Fitbit spazzed and decided that my last 3 hours didn't happen, so my walk didn't register. But...at least *I* know I did it! About 20 minutes, to add to my 8 or so from this morning (walking to meet DH at a waypoint on his ride.)
                        Alison

Comment

Argh. My Fitbit spazzed and decided that my last 3 hours didn't happen, so my walk didn't register. But...at least *I* know I did it! About 20 minutes, to add to my 8 or so from this morning (walking to meet DH at a waypoint on his ride.)
                          Ahhh. I hated when my up band didn't track!

Comment

Day 6 completed! Took it easy and just walked a track for 33 minutes with DH since I have a pulled hamstring.

Comment

I just saw that in yesterday's thread, but it had been locked already so I couldn't say - holy cow! 100 miles!! Wow! He is a beast.

Yesterday was day 9 for me and while I didn't set out on an explicit exercise time I think I earned schlepping all over the farm for that wedding. Let's see what today brings.

Comment

I just saw that in yesterday's thread, but it had been locked already so I couldn't say - holy cow! 100 miles!! Wow! He is a beast.
                                The crazy thing is that the 100 miles wasn't even the impressive part. He probably does a dozen "century rides" in a year. No, what he was proud of was that he averaged almost 20 mph on the hilly course -- over 8000 vertical feet of climbing. Not his fastest time on the same route, but respectable. >.<

Almost 2 hours of hiking today, but again -- kids hike slow and inconsistently. I only got 12 active minutes out of the deal, and I don't anticipate getting another walk in before evening. Ah, well. I *might* get my 10k steps if I hustle and do some chores before dinner, and that will just have to be enough!
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X