Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It feels good to find new ways of challenging yourself, doesn't it?
    Yeah, that's my whole thing with running, or sports in general. I had an epiphany in Montana in 2004, which was when I first realized that cardiovascular fitness isn't something you HAVE. It's something you TRAIN. Duh moment, perhaps, but it pretty much changed my life.
    Alison

Comment

• For me it was realising that for fit people it still HURT and that was normal.
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yes! Also that you can modulate your level of discomfort. It doesn't have to be an all-out sprint vs. a slow walk, there's a whole range in there, and some levels of intensity are more sustainable than others.
        Alison

Comment

• I bought fat pants yesterday so I could stop wearing my maternity pants all the time. Two sizes up. If they never let me out of the hospital, I'll never lose weight, other than being on the kids menu hospital food diet and pumping.

Sent from Tapatalk
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Hugs Allison! That was me too. I'm down one of the sizes, but still have one more to go...and two more after that to goal weight.

I've been doing so well but this vacation is killing me. It's too hard to track most of the stuff and there is junk everywhere. I think I undid my last months work in a week and a half :/ maybe I will get up and run tomorrow, but it is such a PITA to pump a bottle in advance in a hotel room and make it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              Hugs Allison! That was me too. I'm down one of the sizes, but still have one more to go...and two more after that to goal weight.

I've been doing so well but this vacation is killing me. It's too hard to track most of the stuff and there is junk everywhere. I think I undid my last months work in a week and a half :/ maybe I will get up and run tomorrow, but it is such a PITA to pump a bottle in advance in a hotel room and make it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It's usually a summer vacation high that makes me get serious about watching what I eat and getting more exercise. Usually the Fitbit steps are high enough during the vacation but the caloric intake is poorly controlled. After the vacation I then try to maintain the higher than normal steps per day, and once again start tracking my food in order to get that under control. Winter vacations are harder to deal with -- because walking on a treadmill for weeks afterwards isn't as much fun.

Comment

• I know it's short notice, but I'm starting Whole30 either tomorrow or Tuesday (depends how much prep I can get done today). Anyone want to jump in with me?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cut long run sorry with sore back. It's muscular and I think to do with breaking my collar bone last year. Comes down the side of my neck and across the back of that shoulder. V sore and can't look over that shoulder or lift and twist to see my watch.

Could be a race breaker. Grrr.
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm so sorry, Dave. Injuries suck.

DH and I ran 8 miles this morning. That's my longest run ever! 4 weeks until our half marathon.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• AHH!!! My resting heart rate has gone down another 5 points!! It's dropped almost 20 points since Christmas!!

This week I focused on keeping up exercise while tracking calories / staying around 1500-1600 a day. I'm pretty sure with how much I'm exercising that's unrealistic. Burning close to 3,000 calories a day according to the FitBit, so it's suggesting I consume over 2,000 calories! That's what I'd eat naturally and I've gained weight since Christmas. 1800 is probably more realistic, so I want to get consistent with that. Then I'll focus on quality of food. Right now it's hit or miss.

How's everyone else doing?
                      Last edited by MAPPLEBUM; 03-25-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Ran across the Manhattan bridge for the first time! I've only biked it previously. 5 miles in the books.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Grace

Comment

• I ran yesterday for the first time in a week. It was tough! I was really dragging myself on the way out, but on the way back I was wanting to be home or at least slow to a walk (promised myself I would run at least 35 minutes), so that last mile of running before I slowed to a walk was at a 9:10 average. Grace, how do you do a point-to-point run? Does someone pick you up, or drop you off? DH is forever proposing that he could drop me off somewhere to run home, and it's sometimes a little more fun than just doing a loop or an out-and-back.

MB, that's really awesome about your RHR! Kick ASS.
                          Alison

Comment

• 12 miles tomorrow planned. We'll see how it goes.
                            Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                              Grace, how do you do a point-to-point run? Does someone pick you up, or drop you off? DH is forever proposing that he could drop me off somewhere to run home, and it's sometimes a little more fun than just doing a loop or an out-and-back.
                              It's funny I was just discussing this with a friend. She rode with her bf to his grad school and then ran home from there bc she wanted to mix it up with her route.

I got a backpack that I can run with about a year ago, so that way I can carry anything with me, including a change of clothes. That has made my commute runs possible. Oh, and public transit got me there to begin with. I tried the commute running/biking TO work, but I just found it was difficult to make myself presentable without going to a gym to shower etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              Grace

Comment

• Last long run in the bag before Berlin half next weekend. 12 miles and back was much better, easily bearable. Used Ibuprofen gel on neck/back and a run walk strategy so I could stretch every 10 minutes. Great confidence booster though I doubt I'll PR in Berlin I at least know I can get around in a timely manner.
                                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X