Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran 2mi at lunch and did 75 min of yoga after work, then ran home before I got caught in a thunderstorm. My legs are tired!

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
      I feel like there was a really good bra discussion here a few months or a year ago. I should go poking around…I recall [MENTION=1090]alison[/MENTION] having some good recommendations, and I think Chantelle may have been a brand she raved about?
      My daughter is a bra maniac - spends a lot of time on that Reddit posted. She loves Freya bras, and also swears that Polish bras are amazing. She's gotten great deals on Amazon once she finds a style she likes. She's like a 32 G or something ridiculous like that, but only uses Euro sized bras.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I followed the recommendations from [MENTION=1049]poky[/MENTION] and found the Reddit site really helpful. I had a hard time finding my size in store so I ordered a bunch from amazon and returned what I didn't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

• Swapping farm for classroom for next 10 weeks so thinking of taking up the cheap gym offer. Never been to a gym so I'm hoping they've machines that simulate sheep rolling and log splitting.....
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have 3 months to get ready for my sister's wedding. Wearing this dress, but in a mint color. What exercises do I need to do to get rid of the upper boob and armpit flab? I liked that the dress hides my belly!

Sent from Tapatalk
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• I think you may know this but there is no such thing as "spot toning". Your body will put on padding where it thinks you need padding, and it will put on muscle where you demonstrate it needs muscle. So focusing exercises on your pecs and lats could give you beautiful rippling toight musculature, but your body still may wish to have an inch or so of squishier stuff over it (especially while you're breastfeeding/pumping.) All you can really do for recomposition is just adjust how much mass there is (how much activity and food to support it) and to a lesser extent, you can kind of adjust whether there's proportionally more muscle or more insulation going on and coming off -- just not really WHERE it goes on and comes off.

Dress looks great! A good strapless bra might help keep some of that contained in a way you like better? I would totally dig around that forum poky just linked for bra advice! In the meantime, if you want to be overall smaller and healthier and NOT just for this wedding deadline, then keep making small, permanent changes. You're working on walking a little more, right? Can you next try to add an extra serving of veggies or fruit to every meal? And/or use a step tracker to add 10% to your step count every day for the rest of this month? How often and how long do you find you can get out with the new stroller? Working up to 30 minutes of brisk walking, 5 days per week, would be GREAT for your heart.
              Alison

Comment

• Holy smokes. I just used the bra size calculator linked on the r/abrathatfits sidebar. I've been wearing 34A/B bras forever. It has me at 30DD with my sister sizes being 32D and 28E. Wut.

Looks like I'll be trying on some new bras soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                  I think you may know this but there is no such thing as "spot toning". Your body will put on padding where it thinks you need padding, and it will put on muscle where you demonstrate it needs muscle. So focusing exercises on your pecs and lats could give you beautiful rippling toight musculature, but your body still may wish to have an inch or so of squishier stuff over it (especially while you're breastfeeding/pumping.) All you can really do for recomposition is just adjust how much mass there is (how much activity and food to support it) and to a lesser extent, you can kind of adjust whether there's proportionally more muscle or more insulation going on and coming off -- just not really WHERE it goes on and comes off.

Dress looks great! A good strapless bra might help keep some of that contained in a way you like better? I would totally dig around that forum poky just linked for bra advice! In the meantime, if you want to be overall smaller and healthier and NOT just for this wedding deadline, then keep making small, permanent changes. You're working on walking a little more, right? Can you next try to add an extra serving of veggies or fruit to every meal? And/or use a step tracker to add 10% to your step count every day for the rest of this month? How often and how long do you find you can get out with the new stroller? Working up to 30 minutes of brisk walking, 5 days per week, would be GREAT for your heart.
                  I looked great at 6 months postpartum after E, so I'm hoping that will be the case this time too. I do need to get a better strapless bra - I have one that has a little but more support, I think but I just grabbed my other one quickly to try the dress on. I'm trying to walk more, but with C's feeding and pumping, in between working and dropping off and picking up E from school, plus eating, I haven't had any time at all. Hopefully he'll start feeding more quickly soon, and I'll have some time again. I do need to eat more veggies, although I'm better now than I used to be. And I need to replace the battery in my Garmin so I can start wearing it again.
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• I can finally join you all! 3 weeks post partum. I've gone out for 3 run/walks and at least 2 long walks. No major increase in bleeding after any of it but haven't braved pushing the stroller yet.

Accountability goals:
                    - Drink 8 cups of water a day (and not in the form of coffee or diet coke)
                    -10K steps every day, even when I don't run
                    -Lose the pregnancy pounds
                    -Commit to stretching/doing yoga to increase flexibility (I'm literally terrible about this)
                    -Fall half marathon
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• You go!!
                      Using Tapatalk

Comment

• I just started doing yoga, T&S! It's helping a ton. I'm also awful at stretching and am super inflexible. Like...bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I just need to find the time to actually do yoga. With the tiny ones clamoring for something immediately after being released from the stroller, it's hard to make it a priority.

Question: does anyone know the impact of short daily stretches vs once a week yoga? I can probably swing once a week yoga more readily than every day.
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                            Yea, to be fair the DDD don't fit much differently from my Target brand Ds. Maybe I'll go to Nordstrom. My bras were super old so they're prob all worn out
                            For sports bras this is my must have for impact. You can really strap those babies in (link below).

I've ripped out the tags but Google for reviews of places in your area. Once you've found a great fit, then you can feel more confident buying bras on your own (until your size changes again). In nyc I've been to Bra Smyth and Orchard Corset (come visit we'll go haha)!

http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/j...VIMaAutW8P8HAQ

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                              I just need to find the time to actually do yoga. With the tiny ones clamoring for something immediately after being released from the stroller, it's hard to make it a priority.

Question: does anyone know the impact of short daily stretches vs once a week yoga? I can probably swing once a week yoga more readily than every day.
                              Yessss I need to too... congrats on getting back into the swing of things!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                                For sports bras this is my must have for impact. You can really strap those babies in (link below).
                                Moving Comfort gets such rave reviews, and I love the one I have. But the sizing confuses me SO MUCH that I have been paralyzed from buying another for years. Like okay, I have on a 36D (regular) bra today, but my measurements the way I have always taken them are closer to 34DD and the calculator poky linked suggests 32DDD (US). Moving Comfort's website? Puts me at a 38B. Dafuq?
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X