Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my long run in this morning and it felt great. I did some of the half marathon course, including one of the trail portions, and not only did the single-wide packed-dirt, and the barely-mowed grassy portion, not slow me down, if anything I went faster during that section! Mostly because it was downhill, but still, it was gratifying. I think the trail running I do when I am on vacation has paid off. Also, I nearly PR'ed my 10k time! I think I was less than a minute off of my current record, which I set at the end of last summer after nearly five months of training. So I'm feeling pretty good!
    Alison

Comment

• Today was the first actually warm day of the season. Took out summer clothes. Felt like a moose. Not weighing those months meant a 5 pound weight gain. 25 lb in total since we moved to the Midwest. I've been trying to make more strides towards healthy eating while keeping up the exercise. Trying to not get discouraged. Decided to go get some summer clothes that will help me feel more comfortable (wearing tight clothes all the time SUCKS!). Ended up in Victoria Secret. Apparently I'm a 34DDD. Jesus Fucking Christ. The bras don't seem to fit better than what I already own but have way more lift. That's what my saggy ass..I mean tits...need..

Comment

• After two weeks of being off track and frustrated, I'm back on track for weight loss. NOW I'm officially at 20 lbs gone with 40 to go.

And I signed up for a 15k in July. In Texas. Yep...it's gonna be hot!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          And I signed up for a 15k in July. In Texas. Yep...it's gonna be hot!
          Whoo! But…I have to say, we are such wimps up here in the temperate climes. When our temperature climbs to the mid-60s, my kids whimper and complain and search for shade, and I start coordinating my workouts to avoid the peak afternoon sun.

I actually carried out my cross-training plan, hubby invited me to ride with him today and I did! I went out for about an hour and it felt surprisingly good. I am going to aim for one ride per week from here on out.
          Alison

Comment

• Yeah it was in the mid 80s for my run yesterday. In July it will be 90% humidity and in the 80s at 6 am. It's insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
              Today was the first actually warm day of the season. Took out summer clothes. Felt like a moose. Not weighing those months meant a 5 pound weight gain. 25 lb in total since we moved to the Midwest. I've been trying to make more strides towards healthy eating while keeping up the exercise. Trying to not get discouraged. Decided to go get some summer clothes that will help me feel more comfortable (wearing tight clothes all the time SUCKS!). Ended up in Victoria Secret. Apparently I'm a 34DDD. Jesus Fucking Christ. The bras don't seem to fit better than what I already own but have way more lift. That's what my saggy ass..I mean tits...need..
              I hear ya girl. Bought some nice flowy items for summer haha!
              Btw, VS sucks for us well endowed broads. Try to find a specialty store that will fit you, and try to get a coupon bc the bras are expensive! But for something you wear every single day that determines your comfort and how all your overlaying clothes look, 10000000% worth it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                Whoo! But…I have to say, we are such wimps up here in the temperate climes. When our temperature climbs to the mid-60s, my kids whimper and complain and search for shade, and I start coordinating my workouts to avoid the peak afternoon sun.

I actually carried out my cross-training plan, hubby invited me to ride with him today and I did! I went out for about an hour and it felt surprisingly good. I am going to aim for one ride per week from here on out.
                Yayyyyy biking together!
                I agree I much prefer running in 60s or less... sadly my half marathon is projected to be 70s 80s and I'm not excited.

Grace

Comment

• Do you recommend any brands? I've already decided to return 2/3 of the bras. They're so uncomfortable!

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                  I hear ya girl. Bought some nice flowy items for summer haha!
                  Btw, VS sucks for us well endowed broads. Try to find a specialty store that will fit you, and try to get a coupon bc the bras are expensive! But for something you wear every single day that determines your comfort and how all your overlaying clothes look, 10000000% worth it!

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                    I agree I much prefer running in 60s or less... sadly my half marathon is projected to be 70s 80s and I'm not excited.
                    It's 60.8 right now but it's so SUNNY and I don't want to go out and run in it! Whine, whine. My half in August will probably be in the high 50s at the start and in the 60s or 70s at the end. Come run with me!
                    Alison

Comment

Do you recommend any brands? I've already decided to return 2/3 of the bras. They're so uncomfortable!
                      Everybody says you really need a specialty store for a proper fitting but I can never manage to get to one. Nordstrom also does really good fittings though. If you want to DIY, I like the fitting information and brand advice on herroom.com. (I'm not huge, but I get down to a 34 band size when I'm particularly slim, and usually a D or DD cup. Thanks for the reminder -- I haven't bought bras in over 18 months, and between my body changes in that time and the bras stretching, I definitely need something new!)
                      Alison

Comment

• I haven't bought a new bra in....5 years at least? Poor DH.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                          Everybody says you really need a specialty store for a proper fitting but I can never manage to get to one. Nordstrom also does really good fittings though. If you want to DIY, I like the fitting information and brand advice on herroom.com. (I'm not huge, but I get down to a 34 band size when I'm particularly slim, and usually a D or DD cup. Thanks for the reminder -- I haven't bought bras in over 18 months, and between my body changes in that time and the bras stretching, I definitely need something new!)
                          Yea, to be fair the DDD don't fit much differently from my Target brand Ds. Maybe I'll go to Nordstrom. My bras were super old so they're prob all worn out

Comment

Today was the first actually warm day of the season. Took out summer clothes. Felt like a moose. Not weighing those months meant a 5 pound weight gain. 25 lb in total since we moved to the Midwest. I've been trying to make more strides towards healthy eating while keeping up the exercise. Trying to not get discouraged. Decided to go get some summer clothes that will help me feel more comfortable (wearing tight clothes all the time SUCKS!). Ended up in Victoria Secret. Apparently I'm a 34DDD. Jesus Fucking Christ. The bras don't seem to fit better than what I already own but have way more lift. That's what my saggy ass..I mean tits...need..
                            Yup, *right* there with you! I had to complicate things even further by insisting on front-close bras, which really narrows the possibilities. I *highly* recommend doing your own sizing, as outlined here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFit...eginners_guide to confirm the size (and look around that forum a bit for tips on how a bra SHOULD fit). I guarantee the VS person did not do as thorough a job of measuring, and she might have lucked onto the right size, but she might not have. I did those measurements, then looked online at zappos and amazon (both have free shipping and free returns (if you have prime on amazon and limit yourself to prime items)) and ordered a BUNCH of different ones (like 3-4 shipments of 6-8 bras each from each store, over a couple months) in the size I measured at, and sizes just up and down from that, just in case, and tried them all on at home, and returned the ones that didn't fit or that I didn't like. I ended up keeping just two styles, and mostly wear just one of them.
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Yea, to be fair the DDD don't fit much differently from my Target brand Ds. Maybe I'll go to Nordstrom. My bras were super old so they're prob all worn out
                              Yes, that would make sense; they'll stretch out as they get old.

These are the ones I ended up with (keep in mind, I was limiting myself to front-close): http://www.amazon.com/DKNY-Intimates.../dp/B00E41TWE6 and http://www.amazon.com/Chantelle-Gauc.../dp/B00CBB296E Weird that they don't seem to have the 34DDD in for the DKNY one any more? Seems like a very similar one IS available in DDD, though: http://www.barenecessities.com/dkny-..._id=DKNY458209 - and ugh, that picture is showing a sure sign of a *bad* bra fit - the band should NOT be arching in the back like that. Should go straight across. If it's loose like that, the band isn't providing ANY support, and it's all on your shoulders.
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• I feel like there was a really good bra discussion here a few months or a year ago. I should go poking around…I recall [MENTION=1090]alison[/MENTION] having some good recommendations, and I think Chantelle may have been a brand she raved about?
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X