Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I set out today to PR my 5k time…and I crushed it. I warmed up for .5 mile, pointed myself at a relatively flat course, and then just went for it. The first couple of miles felt AMAZING and after that I just stuck a song in my head and made my feet keep the rhythm. I thought I was going to die going up the steep ramp of the pedestrian overpass when I was almost a quarter mile short of the 5k! But I didn't let myself walk, and I pushed through to 3.1 miles, and a little extra for insurance, before I eased up for a cool down...
    Alison

Comment

• 3mi in 32:31. Down from 12 minute miles last week. Not enjoyable yet, but putting the work in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
        3mi in 32:31. Down from 12 minute miles last week. Not enjoyable yet, but putting the work in.
        That's the nature of the beast, but keep it up! Are you recording your stats somewhere? I personally find it SO gratifying to see improvement in black and white data.
        Alison

Comment

• AWESOME!!! You're killing it, as usual

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
          I set out today to PR my 5k time…and I crushed it. I warmed up for .5 mile, pointed myself at a relatively flat course, and then just went for it. The first couple of miles felt AMAZING and after that I just stuck a song in my head and made my feet keep the rhythm. I thought I was going to die going up the steep ramp of the pedestrian overpass when I was almost a quarter mile short of the 5k! But I didn't let myself walk, and I pushed through to 3.1 miles, and a little extra for insurance, before I eased up for a cool down...

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
            That's the nature of the beast, but keep it up! Are you recording your stats somewhere? I personally find it SO gratifying to see improvement in black and white data.
            Just Strava for now, and my sample size is so low that it's easy to keep track for for the time being. I hope to get back down to 10:00/mi before 1/2 training really gets going. I think my last time was 2:13 (back in 2010 or 2011), so if I can hit that I would be thrilled. Lots of work to do!

Comment

• Ehrmagerd can we be Strava friends PLEASE? I'm going to PM you.
              Alison

Comment

• Added! I am still figuring the app out. Took me like a minute to actually click the little man outline to friend you. Hah.

Comment

• It confuses me too, I don't like that it doesn't automatically follow back, and I've failed to reciprocate a few times and sat there going, "Did so-and-so un-add or block me?" No, it was me who was the doofus, LOL. But I have the hang of it now and I followed you back!
                  Alison

Comment

• I'm doing well on my water goals. I'm being thwarted on my exercise goals though by the fact that I can't use the triple stroller yet (no car seat adaptor) and I feel badly making D work out with me every day while C is at school when I can use the double. C only has school another 10 days but or course then I still can't use the triple. I'm going to need to either get up before DH leaves in the AM (soooo early) or figure out how to exercise with all 3 somehow (and aerobic exercise to boot!).
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Brisk walking is aerobic. Can you wear the little one and put the other two in a double?
                      Alison

Comment

• Yes, maybe I'll do that. It would require me getting my ass out of bed in the mornings though.
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Yoga today. Almost got into Bird of Paradise! Getting close to Crow, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                            Yes, maybe I'll do that. It would require me getting my ass out of bed in the mornings though.
                            Why? Aren't you still on maternity leave?
                            Alison

Comment

• Yes but would have to do before school starts for C. No other time in the schedule when someone isn't napping or I'm not making dinner.

Comment

• Ah, gotcha. Well, if C only has 10 more days of school, can you just kind of keep your focus for the next while on surviving the newborn phase with a preschooler and toddler OMG?!

I know exercise is important for your mental health, I hope you can find a way to make it work.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X