Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
    But it's not even gym clothes. It's swimming!
    Haha ok, I can't exactly advocate running around in your swim suit...
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• 30 lbs! HALFWAY THERE! I'm a lb or so away from where I was prior to getting pregnant with my 1st.

Actually, my "ideal weight" is 38 more lbs away, but I'm going to see how I feel and what life is like 30 lbs from now. I'm not done having kids and "ideal weight" may be more ideal for a different time in my life

But I do feel pretty damn awesome. All my old clothes fit. Most of my "I'm going to buy this because it is a fantastic deal and I should fit into the size" clothes fit.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Still doing yoga almost every day. PT starts on Friday so we'll see what they say about running. I'm not the hopeful, but I think the race will let me postpone my entry to next year.

Comment

• I've been half-ass doing yoga. Anytime I am on my own, I never hold anything for as long as I should and skip things I do not like...hate crow. I have also been swimming and again just piddling here and there. Nothing with any structure. Still in PT though and I know that I need to be patient with myself. I do really need to up my cardio and workouts though so I called up the trainer at the gym and I start again tonight. I can already anticipate that I will be hurting this time tomorrow
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• Race day tomorrow! Weather should be partly cloudy, in the low 60s. Nervous but excited!
            Alison

Comment

• Awesome!! You've got this!
              Laurie

Comment

• Woop!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I survived! Didn't quite make my goal, but came close, and it was a really challenging course (over 600ft elevation gain) so I'm overall pretty proud.
                  Alison

Comment

• That's awesome! You've trained hard and did great!
                    Laurie

Comment

• I was wondering if you were OK during our Workweek Hustle!! You were just saving your energy for the race!! Good for you!!

Comment

• Yeah, it was my race-week taper. I didn't even make my step goal for 3 out of 5 days this week! (I did get 36,089 steps yesterday, though. )
                        Alison

Comment

• You've summed up a race in a sentence...more info please missus! How do you think training went, any lows/highs on course? How was family support efforts? You got a pic of the profile? Any doms?

Ta!
                          Using Tapatalk

Comment

• After...gosh..10 years of trying to run? I think I've finally figured out what works for me. It's so obvious too. I have to start off slow enough that I don't want to stop in the first 5-15 minutes (depending on how tired I am). After that I can speed up and slow down depending on breath. Run 3 miles, then do interval work for another 10 or so minutes. The 3 miles are slow but I've already shaved off 4 minutes past couple weeks.

I'm still at my highest weight ever but eating just about no processed foods, gf low carb and experimenting with intermittent fasting. One day these efforts will stick?

Comment

• Yayyyyy I'm glad you figured out a system! [MENTION=4422]MAPPLEBUM[/MENTION]!

The puppy is hitting 8 months next week, which is the age you're "allowed" to start taking them on runs. My plan is to get both pup and hubby in running shape at the same time haha! Wish me luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              Grace

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                                Yayyyyy I'm glad you figured out a system! [MENTION=4422]MAPPLEBUM[/MENTION]!

The puppy is hitting 8 months next week, which is the age you're "allowed" to start taking them on runs. My plan is to get both pup and hubby in running shape at the same time haha! Wish me luck!
                                Hm, where did you get that info? If you do, I'd start super slow and let her set the pace. Make sure she changes pace a lot and stops to walk as well. The growth plates may not be closed until 18 months, I'm afraid, and that's when sustained trotting for more than 10 minutes at a go becomes safe. I'm so jealous though! Runnng with a dog is much less boring! I've been running with an imaginary dog for the past two years.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X