Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I'm back at work, it's time to get serious about getting back in shape. I'm parking so that I have to walk up a flight or two of stairs to get to the elevator (I work on the 20th floor... I'm not that crazy yet). And I'm walking at lunch and limiting snacks. I need to weigh myself so I have a starting point.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• I'm struggling--I've hit a plateau for the last month. I always always hit a plateau at this weight. I know I need to be more strict about eating and I'm working on that. The frustrating thing is...I'm not eating that badly. I ran 18 miles this week and went swimming for 40 minutes. I had a slight gain. What the heck will maintenance look like if this is losing?
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Don't be discouraged about the future maintenance. Once you get and stay at your maintenance weight, your body recalibrates.

I've found that I'm "sticky" at certain weights after I've been there for a while and it takes a while to budge. But then once I do get to a new weight and stay for a while, it gets easier.

My update:
        I'm to my goal weight but I've got some sort of nagging hip/glut injury which is so obviously from pushing the 130 lb stroller but I don't have a choice. I can either completely stop working out or try to work out thru it. And I can't back off intensity because I'm already walking the damn thing up any incline.

I cannot frickin wait until dh doesn't have to round so early EVERY morning and I can sometimes run by myself. He's on call 3 weeks of October so it's 3 full weekends of running during the 90 minutes the girls have dance (lighter stroller though bc someone is in class at any given time).

I'm just so over all aspects of residency at this point. I want my workout schedule back. I've decided if I get a post-training wish, it's for someone to be come and feed my kids breakfast while I work out.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• I agree about maintenance. It's much easier than losing as long as you've chosen a goal weight that's appropriate for your body.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• [MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] I like that idea for post training! Do you ever go to a gym where they have child care? I'm hoping that will be my life saver when this baby comes, but I have no idea how it works.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            Grace

Comment

• I've put together a 4 week 5k training program for hubby that started today. Looking forward to doing that together!

Grace

Comment

• Okay, I'm going to try and keep myself accountable this week and ramp it up a bit. This is my plan. Let's see how I'm doing by next Sat!

Monday: Bike indoors for an hour
                Tuesday: Morning 5-6 mile run
                Wednesday: 45 min swim (I'm doing a tri in 2 weeks and I've barely been in a pool or on a bike)
                Thursday: Morning 5-6 mile run
                Friday: Orangetheory
                Saturday: Group 12 mile run
                Sunday: Rest because I'll need it.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                  [MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] I like that idea for post training! Do you ever go to a gym where they have child care? I'm hoping that will be my life saver when this baby comes, but I have no idea how it works.

I dislike running inside. So I'd go for a class or two a week (particularly yoga or barre) but wouldn't use it regularly. They also usually have hours that are like 9-12 for the childcare which absolutely doesn't work for a working mom and I find inconvenient even for a SAHM. I prefer to work out early and get on with my day. Not spend all morning working out and only then getting to do stuff. Plus I feel super guilty wasting time with my kids bc I work PT so it's hard for me to justify using my non working time for the gym...I've got all sorts of helpful guilt complexes.

Also it's not in the budget right now. And I've run thru 4 winters here so you just bundle.

That's why it's such a weird specific wish.
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post

That's why it's such a weird specific wish.
                    I don't think it's weird, I think it's brilliant!

Yeah I figured there'd be some catch to this ideal sounding gym childcare :-/ I guess I'll just have to figure it out when I get there

Grace

Comment

• Gym child care saved my sanity early on. We couldn't afford preschool, but it was a guaranteed hour of kid-free time where I could do something for myself. At the gyms I've used, child care is inexpensive or already included in membership.
                      Laurie

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                        Gym child care saved my sanity early on. We couldn't afford preschool, but it was a guaranteed hour of kid-free time where I could do something for myself. At the gyms I've used, child care is inexpensive or already included in membership.
                        Yes, it's usually included. It's just that a gym in general isn't something I'd be spending $$ on right now. Weather is too nice 85% of the year.

Comment

• Sent you a link to a really cheap gym by us. It's $9-12 a month, childcare included

Comment

• Bingo

Comment

• That's amazing. Texas does it again!

Grace

Comment

• Ran 4 miles today. My ankle is still tender, so I'm having to walk over some tricky parts of the trail that I used to run on, but the weather is so beautiful right now, and I'm just glad I'm able to be out there.
                                Laurie

Comment

Working...
                                X