Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's for supper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by migirl View Post
    I've said it here often, and I'll say it again: Dinner in our house is at 6:00pm, whether you're here or not!

(My strict adherence to this rule was apparently the subject of a skit at the chief's roast last year... )

I shoot for 6:00 or a tad earlier. If I wait much longer the kids get too hungry and all hell breaks loose. After doing this consistently, DH hired another nurse so he can get out earlier and he has dinner with us more often.
    Last edited by cupcake; 06-11-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Tonight's meal is haute cuisine. Kraft mac n cheese with hot dogs cut up and thrown into it. With peas, either mixed in or on the side.

We are definitely scraping the bottom of the larder here in preparation for Monday's move.
      Kris

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post

... After doing this consistently, DH hired another nurse so he can get out earlier and he has dinner with us more often.
        I so need to do this,especially since there will be 3 in school next year.
        I actually try and hold dinner for him so that we can at least do something as
        a family unit. I am afraid that he won't try to make it home once he realizes he is consistently missing family time/dinnertime...type A workaholics suck.

I am opting for Italian this evening...usually after 3 or 4 nights of providing a good square I get a break and we have carry out!

Comment

Suz, I should add that he was thinking about it anyway but worried he wouldn't stay busy enough. That tipped the scales in my favor though.

Comment

Nellie, the sad fact is that he has an NP and it has made little difference. We went from say 9:00/9:30 to 8:00/8:30ish, not a satisfactory improvement in my book.

Comment

We ordered Sushi- delivered. It was a bit crazy today- neighbors in the pool, the landscape designer delivered THE PLAN (love, love, love it!) and by the time we got in and dried off it was 7:30.

Jenn

Comment

I made the tacos for DrK last night. He's on call tonight. One of the residents & his wife are having a cook-out tonight. DrK told them I'd go (and he wants me to bring him a plate). I hope I feel up to it.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Yesterday afternoon we hit the local farmers market picking up some tomatos, romaine, zucchini, summer squash and kohlrabi.

I sauted the kohlrabi in butter adding the zucchini and summer squash near the end. We had a salad with some left over provalone cheese with ham and turkey.

I heart summer.
                  Kris

Comment

Cleaning out the freezer. . . we are down to one chicken and frozen veggies.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

MrsK, I decided a month ago not to buy anything that goes in the freezer until I have used everything in it!!! It is a challenge, but fun.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                      X