Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What have you done today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you done today?

Today started in the workshop with my 9 yr old daughter. Round and about we'd found the materials we needed and with her taking the lead we set to and built a hamster adventure playground. Never had so much fun been had building a wooden box! She's made a seesaw, tube and ramp. Ted the hamster loves it and I've a very happy wee girl. Very satisfying.

Chopped up a shoulder of wedder hogget and browned then added shallots, garlic, bouquet garni, carrots, red wine and stock. In a low oven for 3 hours then served over baked potatoes with spring greens. Should be good!

How's your Sunday?

Dave
    Using Tapatalk

Yumm!

I've had a less productive Sunday so far. We are visiting our cabin and the rest of the house is quiet. I'm the only one up (and it's 9:30am). I've managed to make myself a cup of coffee and check in here. LOL. Plan for later include playing games with the kids, making Lasagna, and packing up the cabin and heading home.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yum!! Kids are at grandparents, so I just woke up. About to make some coffee.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That looks delicious, though I've no idea what a wedder hogget is. And your day sounds lovely.
        I am at work this morning. I have family coming in this afternoon for the holiday tomorrow. That should be really fun, but I still have three more hours of work to go and today I'd rather be playing...

Comment

Wedder= castrated male sheep
          Hogget= 4 tooth (1-2 years old)

Best tasting sheep. Older than lamb, deeper flavour and larger carcass.

Cabin, coffee and work.......didn't mean to rub it in Cleave.

Dave
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey, I learned something new. Wedder hogget. That's fun to say.

And I didn't feel rubbed in. I wish everyone could have a lovely day. The lovely part of my day is coming. (i usually like work. Today I'm just tired and ready to play.)

Comment

I had a bout of insomnia last night. Makes me a little grumpy. And wishing someone would cook a big delicious pot of wedder stew and bring it over for dinner...

Comment

Food parcels....from farm to plate. There's an idea!
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Love it! I won't even begin to think about the postage.

Comment

Today I managed to keep food down. After 24 hours of the stomach bug I am starting to feel human again. I just stripped all the sheets from the beds and got all nasty items going in the laundry.

Building a hamster adventure playground sounds fun! You have one lucky daughter.
                    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

This side of the ocean we'd call him a wether hogget, still yum! We're having grassfed lamb tonight as well, deciding between gyros and koftas and kheema!
                      Alison

Comment

Nothing! Dressed, that is about it - need to get moving!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

DH and I went to our class at church this morning, chatted with friends after, and came home to relax with kids before the girls and I head out for ballet stuff (rehearsals, meeting, search for earrings for DD14's costume for her contemporary solo). DD15 and I have youth group tonight so no family dinner.
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I went to the gym and was really looking forward to eating leftover pizza when I got back (yep, makes sense). When I got home, I realized he had eaten that, along with everything else in the refrigerator (which only consisted of hummus, carrots, and an egg).

Guess I'm going to the grocery store hungry. This will not end well.
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Went to church, kept the laundry going, warmed up leftover meatloaf for lunch, read the paper, and looked online for a vacation rental for this summer. Getting ready to go to DS#3's basketball game.
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X