Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What have you done today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got up early and went to an AKC dog show with DH and DS. It was much, much larger than we expected. We had so much fun. DS loved seeing all the dogs. Watching the small dogs compete in the agility competition was the best part.

Comment

Spent the last four hours trying to keep my sick husband from doing too much. He's not good at taking care of himself even though he's good at caring for others. I'm sure that's a common doctor trait. Made this: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/01/chicken-pho/

Spent hours talking about our kitchen remodel brought on by our water pipes bursting in the ceiling last week. It's going to be great but we are trying to not go crazy on the expenses....

About to fill out the FAFSA to see if any colleges will give my son any financial aid to knock down the crazy cost of college here. I'm guessing no. :/

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post

About to fill out the FAFSA to see if any colleges will give my son any financial aid to knock down the crazy cost of college here. I'm guessing no. :/
        Errr. I'm guessing no also, but good luck anyhow.

Sorry to hear your hubby is sick - flu also?

Comment

Angie
          I can pretty much confirm the "no". Sorry.
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Who knows? He is up today after two days in bed. He has not seen a doc, but no fever, sore throat, stomach complaints, chest symptoms or cough so it isn't the same thing I had. He does have the stuffy sinuses and the ever running nose. Makes me wonder if I wasn't so miserable because I had the flu and a cold. (See? I even multitask getting illnesses! )

He has been run down with a nasty head cold for a few days. Steadily getting better but feels sick if he does too much....a connection he's slowly making. I got him playing a computer game so he is sitting still now!

I figured the FAFSA would be a bust but you have to fill it out, right? Some of the private schools are so crazy maybe there is a chance at merit aid from their funds. 50 K a year seems pretty nasty. Hope springs eternal.

Angie
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I figured the FAFSA would be a bust but you have to fill it out, right? Some of the private schools are so crazy maybe there is a chance at merit aid from their funds. 50 K a year seems pretty nasty. Hope springs eternal.

Angie
              Sigh, we filled out the FASFA in Dh's last year of fellowship but also had to include his Loan Repayment grant through the NIH and qualified for zero aid. But yes, it does still have to be filled out. Sorry.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Last toddler/husband free day. They both make giant messes so I'm trying to get as much done as possible!

I've got to paint the outside of the front door and put polycrylic on the dresser and table I painted yesterday. Start some laundry and dinner. Get lunches ready for tomorrow. Edit some photos I took for a coworker yesterday. If I'm lucky Ill have time to finish prepping for the consignment sale tagging next weekend and start digging through the pile of papers in my closet to prep for taxes. I want that done before we have a newborn in the house. In short, I'm nesting like a madwoman.

Scenes from the chaos:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390162376.562096.jpg

No longer cracked and half painted!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390162405.564676.jpg

Ready for sealing. If I find crayon on that table before I get a chance to get something to cover it, my toddler should hide

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390162466.117480.jpg

You can't even see half the clothes I'm selling or prepping for baby here! Cleaning out this room is next on my list!
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm slightly daunted by your lists and drive!
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

I've done next to nothing today! Assisted in the making of a blueberry pie this morning then moved onto reading and knitting. Now, it's football and beer and trying to figure out what to do for dinner :/
                    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

This day was fairly uneventful. I wanted to do nothing, but I ended up trying to get several things done so I could enjoy my day off tomorrow. I made DH breakfast, washed all of our bedding, straightened up the house, went to BB&B to buy a new mattress cover which I then realized was too big to fit in both our washer AND our dryer so now I can't even freaking use it (that is, until I go to a laundromat. Yeah, now I have to go the a laundromat. I hate that), took the dog for a walk, posted in the discussion boards for both of my courses this semester, and just finished making dinner - beer braised chicken and spinach flautas (baked) and homemade mexican rice. As soon as I hit "post" I'm headed to make myself a margarita and hopefully DH will wrap up studying in the next half hour or so so we can eat dinner and make it to a 10:25 movie (American Hustle).
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm slightly daunted by your lists and drive!
                        Nothing motivates like the knowledge your 2 year old is heading home from weekend at Grandmas. And pregnancy hormones.
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Today we drove most of the day. Both girls were surprisingly good and fits were at a minimum. We did have to stop at Target for a clean outfit for the littlest. Came home, ate dinner, 2 loads of laundry. The icing on the cake? H is sleeping with her big sister tonight!!! We figured 4 nights of all in 1 hotel room meant they could handle it. Fingers crossed!

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

DH went to the Laundromat with me today, and grocery shopping! We had a nice afternoon together and ate lunch at Whole Foods. Came home and did a yoga video together and while he was reading did I a HIIT video and bike trainer. Surprise upon another surprise, DH made dinner for me too! And cleaned the kitchen as I ran out the door for a rehearsal! Is there a way to cut and paste this day???

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                              DH went to the Laundromat with me today, and grocery shopping! We had a nice afternoon together and ate lunch at Whole Foods. Came home and did a yoga video together and while he was reading did I a HIIT video and bike trainer. Surprise upon another surprise, DH made dinner for me too! And cleaned the kitchen as I ran out the door for a rehearsal! Is there a way to cut and paste this day???
                              Fantastic!
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I have to add: DD14 nailed her rehearsal for her YAGP solo (the directors watched with her choreographer) and DD15 and I had a great night at high school youth group. The teens are having a slumber party at Abuela's (my mom's) with their cousins tonight. And the boy went to bed easily! Woo!
                                Veronica
                                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                                X