Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Easy Indian Chicken

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn-

I think you need to try it again. Can ALL of us be wrong? Either that or lend us your MIL for a dinner. (I'm sure you're gleefully rubbing your hands together at that prospect- let's see 700 members, including those overseas plus travel time equals at least three years of her leaving you alone and messing up other people's kitchens.)

J.

Comment

• I did! I figured it must be better than I remembered, so I made it when Davita had her DS3 last summer. It was decidedly *okay*.

And yes, MIL rocks -- but I don't much care for her chicken. It's too greasy (she's veg, so has never tasted it herself). I have a couple tikka, masala, and makhni recipes that we like better.

Comment

• And you will post them when?
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

• This has become one of my comfort foods. It is now cooking, yet again in my crockpot. I probably never make it exactly the same way each time, but it is always wonderful.
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

• 18 pages worth of posts, this is definitely worth a try! the ingredients are officially added to my grocery list.

Comment

• If you don't have the ingredients, just substitute something similar. Garlic/Ginger/Onions/cumin/coriander/hot peppers are always a good combination. For this recipe, sometimes I use half&half, sometimes plain yogurt, and sometimes sour cream!!!!!
              Luanne

Comment

• It's one of my favorites!

J.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                  It's one of my favorites!

J.
                  One of mine, too! It's absolutely one of my comfort foods.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

• You guys crack me up.

Comment

• It's simmering in the crock pot! I'm already excited that I don't have to worry about what to cook when I get home from work tonight!

Comment

• You won't be disappointed. I made the potatoes last night.
                        Luanne

Comment

• Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                          You won't be disappointed. I made the potatoes last night.
                          The potatoes are yummy, too!!!

I've also started adding yukons to the crockpot.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

• Yummy!!! Spicy deliciousness! It was a hit. DH cleaned his plate...just shy of licking it clean...then casually said, "I'd eat that again." lol.

I'm going to search for nearest Patel Bros to find the ingredients for the potatoes!

Comment

• Okay now I am excited
                              I am going to attempt to make this tomorrow... I am always scared to attempt Indian food (S is Indian) because I am absolutely SURE that it will not be up to par with what is mom makes.
                              He isn't here and won't be able to try it - but I am going to perfect it so I can cook it for him when I go see him next month yay!

Comment

• My husband is Indian, and neither of us like this much (yes, I posted it). I think it's good for those who don't get "mom's cooking", but I wouldn't try it for an actual Indian person. Find the recipe for the potatoes, those are Hindu-worthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X