Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Easy Indian Chicken

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Re:

Originally posted by HouseofWool
    Originally posted by Jane
    my kids wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole. indian food is NOT pretty.
    I have to laugh b/c my son was more willing to eat mild indian curry than pizza when he was 3.
    even funnier when you realize that I'm the one that originally posted this recipe, and that my husband is Indian. therefore the kids that won't touch it at all are 1/2 Indian. :huh:

Comment

• Re: Super Easy Indian Chicken

I happen to love it. I change it up a little bit each time.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Time to have a little Super Easy Indian Chicken- I found some frozen naan that need to be eaten!

Jenn

Comment

Ooh, I was just thinking about how I used to have SEIC ingredients on hand all the time, and how I want to do more crock pot cooking again...thanks for the bump!!
          Alison

Comment

So I finally made this tonight - DH couldn't stop talking about it during dinner and going on and on! He LOVES Indian food and we haven't found a good restaurant here so he was very excited about this.

Thanks Jenn!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

This is on its way into the crockpot...
              Alison

Comment

Yup, this is still a favorite around here, too. We've been having it with the chickpeas instead of chicken in an effort to eat vegetarian more often.
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I think we should make this a sticky!!!!! I'm making it this weekend, can't wait to smell the kitchen.
                  Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Caroline called me today as she was putting her chicken in the crockpot. She called again in the afternoon and said their apartment smelled wonderful. Yes, this is now a recipe that both of my daughters have now made!!!!! Thanks Jenn. Have you still only made it once?
                    Luanne

Comment

I tried it one more time after 6 pages of this .... and did not like it. It was okay, but ... (oh - and I made it for Davita when she had Eoin).

Comment

I had an IMSN spouse's version of this. It was yummy!!! For some reason, I thought it was supposed to be bright orange, like tikka masala-when I made it I thought I messed it up.
                        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Forget the pms and the rest of the forums, thank goodness this thread survived the revamping of the site.
                          Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                            Forget the pms and the rest of the forums, thank goodness this thread survived the revamping of the site.
                            You are SO right, Luanne!
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

• Oh yeah, it is just me. I just made a version of this, cooked on the stove top (boneless, skinless cicken thighs) and then transferred to the oven for about an hour. I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out. My house smells like heaven. I love you Jenn, you have given me courage to experiment.
                              Luanne

Comment

• We made this a while ago and when it came time to add the half and half at the end, DH screwed it up. I happened to have a quart of buttermilk in the fridge as well as a pint of half and half. Guess which he grabbed.

It was okay, but too tangy with the buttermilk. I will definately try it again without DH's "help".
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X