Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Easy Indian Chicken

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is just sooooo damn good!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Kris, my mil liked it.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

This recipe is making the rounds in my neighborhood. It's become a regular on the menu of at least one house I know.
        Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

This was amazing. DH's comment: "This is like something you'd get at a good Indian restaurant. Let's put it on the keeper list."

Thank you, Jenn. Not much gets put on the keeper list.

Jodi

Comment

I've just got back from my doctor, and apparently some of the reason behind my lack of energy is low zinc and iron stores. Now, I've been reading about this recipe in Jenn's tagline for ages, and it even made little ole vegetarian me fantasise about meat.

So it looks as though I'll be starting back on some flesh-eating to get my body back to normal, and this is one of the very first recipes I want to try. I haven't bought any meat in years, I won't even know where to start with buying a chicken, but wanted to let you know that I imagine I'll soon be joining the ranks of the Super Easy Chicken Appreciators!

I'll give you an update sometime soon...

Comment

PS - I wonder if the recipe could be reformulated incorporating all those tips that people have given along the way, like how much tomato and ginger to use? (I have to admit, I use ginger all the time in Asian cooking, and "a lot" to me also means about a cup! Lucky I won't go ahead with quite that much...) Then it could go on as a sticky thread so it is never forgotten!

Comment

I haven't had this in nearly a month. I am going through withdrawls! Looks like I will be making it this week!

Comment

I just made it again last night!
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by tenshi
                    I've just got back from my doctor, and apparently some of the reason behind my lack of energy is low zinc and iron stores.
                    As a note, chlorophyll and vitamin C help absorption of iron, making dark leafy green vegetables some of the best sources of iron. And I think that nuts are rich in zinc? If you wanted to sub chickpeas for the chicken, this would still be an awesome recipe.

That said, I made it last night and we're about to have leftovers! I'm not doing dairy, so I elminated the cream, and it was still awesome!
                    Alison

Comment

• This is going to be Christmas Day dinner.

Nothing says the holidays like ethnic foods!!

Jenn

Comment

• Jesher Jenn, you're a star! I wonder when it was that you realised that this recipe would be what you'll always be remembered for!?

And DC Jenn, I love your new tag too!

I wonder what I would be called.... ??!

Comment

• Originally posted by tenshi
                          Jesher Jenn, you're a star! I wonder when it was that you realised that this recipe would be what you'll always be remembered for!?
                          I really don't know ... I haven't made it but the one time that I made it up. It was pretty good - but I like the "real stuff" better. It's just more work.

Comment

• It's in the crock pot and it smells great! I'm planning on adding the potatos about and hour or two out from done time and the peas about 10 minutes before.

Rick is going to drop off a load at the recycling center and I'm sending off to Whole foods for some naan.

Jenn

(PS- I found Tikka Masala simmer spices at Whole Foods so I bought that and added more garlic, ginger and chilis- we're all about hot here.)

ETA: It was great but made a ton so I froze the rest. Nikolai ate the rice and some of the sauce and loved it.

Comment

• We're having this, and Jenn's potatoes (which I can't find on a search, boo!) tonight so I thought I should bump it.
                              Alison

Comment

• Re: Super Easy Indian Chicken

Originally posted by Genivieve
                                I experimented with this last week, and dh liked it. Usually experiment + Indian food = disaster ... but this one was good.

Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala

1 whole roaster
                                lemon juice (1 T or so)
                                1 T cumin
                                2 t cinnamon
                                1 T (or more) cayenne pepper
                                ground black pepper - to taste
                                fresh ginger - lots
                                1 T salt
                                2 T butter
                                2 - 3 cloves garlic minced
                                1 - 2 (or more) chopped jalapeno peppers
                                1 can diced tomatoes w/spicy peppers (like rotel)
                                1 can tomato sauce

throw in and cook all day on low. before serving add 1/2 and 1/2 to sauce and top with fresh cilantro. serve with rice.

i made this up, so all measurments are approximate (sorry). dh really liked it. you can add more pepper towards the end if you like it spicier.
                                Thank you so much for this recipe. DH is the PICKIEST eater ever and this is the only Indian dish he has found to his liking. I will definitely have to try this recipe out!

Comment

Working...
                                X