Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Easy Indian Chicken

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I usually skip the half-and-half.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

• I usually use plain yogurt instead of half & half.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

• I think I'm going to make this while my parents are in town for Fiesta- the last thing I'm going to want to do is cook after being out at events all day.

Jenn

Comment

• I'm making this tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• This thread is insane.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I love this thread. I love that a recipe could generate 16 pages of dialogue. I especially like the "don't rub your eyes" discussion.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassy
                I didn't read this thread til earlier in the week.....all eleventy billion pages. It makes me salivate just thinking about it.......I need a crock pot at the new apt!
                For the record, as a math teacher, eleventy billion is my favorite number to use in examples (Followed closely by a "bajillion)
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Cassy, you don't need a crockpot. I sometimes use boneless/skinless chicken pieces and sautee them in olive oil with the onion, garlic, & ginger. Add the other stuff and cook for a couple of hours in a large pot. I have also put it in the oven.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

• How can you live without a big pot. . . or at least a large deep skillet? I have a wok/skillet thing that I use for everything from stir fry to pasta to rissotto to chicken to popping corn. I love it so much that I brought it back to FL with us this summer because I couldn't live 10 weeks without it. If I was allowed only one kitchen item, that would be it. . . and maybe my knife.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• OK. I wish I could climb into my oven with my chicken.

I went to make this the other day and discovered that my crockpot was broken . I figured this would have to wait until after I got a new one some time and then I re-read Luanne's suggestion.

I fried the whole chicken in the pan in tandoori spices and onions before putting it into the oven.

My house smells SOOOOOOO FREAKIN GOOOOOOOD.

Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassy
                        Because I live in my crazy mother's crazy friend's basement where I have nothing but clothes and nervous breakdowns.
                        Please, PLEASE make this your siggy. It is one of the funniest lines I've read!!!

Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                          Please, PLEASE make this your siggy. It is one of the funniest lines I've read!!!

Kris

ITA that's so pathetic yet hilarious(I'm laughing w/you)

Comment

• Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post

My house smells SOOOOOOO FREAKIN GOOOOOOOD.

Kris
                            okay - but I still maintain that this is actually quite mediocre (even though it's my creation). if you liked this one, find the Kick Butt Indian Potatoes. Now THAT is a recipe.

Comment

• I took the KBI Potatoes to an evening meeting a few years ago and the people next to me were dying to know what smelled so good. But a pregnant woman doesn't share her dinner.

Comment

• It was Awesome...AWESOME! Even Aidan ate it, and he is my picky, picky eater. He was a little traumatized by the whole chicken on the table. You mean Chicken Nuggets actually come from chickens? LOL

It was sooo good!

Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X